Old September 24th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BMW HD Radio technical service bulletin!

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"KaitoWRX911" wrote in message
On Sep 22, 7:31 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"KaitoWRX911" wrote in message

"System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors August 2007 Technical Service SI B65
25 05Sound"

Important: HD-Radio™ cannot be retrofitted. There is no retrofit kit
and procedure available: FREQUENT CAUSES OF HD-RADIO™ COMPLAINTS:

Funny, mine was retrofitted and ready to go in less than an hour.

Enjoy your echos, dropouts, poor coverage, and digital artifacting!

I get good FM HD way beyond the market area of each FM, I get no multipath
among the mountains of SoCal, don't get dropouts.

On AM, I get HD noise free beyond where the analog signal is noisy. Right
at the fringe, I get foldbacks, but for only a few miles when driving on a
radial from a site. But the issues with AM make HD irrelevant. Noise, bad
coverage of today's market definitions, little listening except by geezers,
etc., make the band pretty much dead.

The only thing you got that's good is an imagination. You started honing
it as a youngster so even as a geezer it is still strong.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California