Old October 11th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX Audio Clips from Exc. Asian MW TP Reception on Oct. 9

I live approx. 120 miles away from the Pacific Ocean (and across a mountain
range) on the 302 degree bearing to Japan from my home southeast of Seattle.
Trans-Pacific MW stations don't often make it this far inland and/or stand
out from the local MW "blowtorches". This week, however, has been an
excellent one for TP reception in the Pacific NW.

The morning of October 9, though, was especially good. Take a listen to the
DX clips below, heard in Puyallup on a 35 ft. wide X 40 ft. high "Conti"
terminated loop antenna and Perseus SDR:

JOIB Sapporo is on 747, which was barrelling into Puyallup at 1400 UTC:

http://www.guyatkins.com/files/sdr/j..._09oct2008.mp3

Also over the 1400 UTC top-of-the-hour was 963 China Radio International in
Russian:

http://www.guyatkins.com/files/sdr/c..._09oct2008.mp3

and at the same 1400 UTC time here is 972 HLCA:

http://www.guyatkins.com/files/sdr/h..._09oct2008.mp3

All three are easy catches from the Grayland DXpedition site and other
coastal locations in the Pacific Northwest. To hear them this well in the RF
Jungle of greater Seattle over a hundred miles from the coast was a treat!

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com

Old October 12th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 11, 9:14*pm, "Guy Atkins" wrote:
[...]

It's really exciting to get such good reception inland in a suburban
location for MW stations thousands of miles away, Congratulations and
well done = means you have a perfect combo of top antenna and good RX.

Alas, at my QTH reception is getting worse and worse, and to top it a
new food supermarket has opened 500 yds away, filling my bands with
electrical hash.

Have fun and good DX

JP, Montagu, South Africa