Old October 12th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Latest DXpedition in South Africa

For those of you who like to follow my DXpedition exploits, the latest
one is posted at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_09.dx

Something there for all

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old October 12th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
For those of you who like to follow my DXpedition exploits, the latest
one is posted at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_09.dx

Something there for all

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Thank you John. I always enjoy your writings. and,
to those of us who have no time for dxpeditions, it
gives me something to look forward in my retirement.

Drifter...
Old October 12th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 12, 4:10*pm, Drifter wrote:
wrote:
For those of you who like to follow my DXpedition exploits, the latest
one is posted at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_09.dx

Something there for all

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Thank you John. I always enjoy your writings. and,
to those of us who have no time for dxpeditions, it
gives me something to look forward in my retirement.

Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for that Drifter - I am always surprised at how little annual
leave and holidays American's have. But before I retired in Joburg we
used to get away to a DX site after work on Friday and DX Friday and
Saturday night = always great fun.

But my DX mates who are still members of the "working classes" get
lots of leave - in South Africa 20 days paid leave plus 13 public
holidays are mandatory and many companies like my old one give a lot
more. In my last company before I retired I got a whopping 52 days
leave a year and could accumulate that, so when I retired I got a
lovely large lump sum payout.

Some of my American pals get only one weeks leave a year = horrors!

JP
Old October 12th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,

wrote:
For those of you who like to follow my DXpedition exploits, the latest
one is posted at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_09.dx

Something there for all

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Thank you John. I always enjoy your writings. and,
to those of us who have no time for dxpeditions, it
gives me something to look forward in my retirement.

Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for that Drifter - I am always surprised at how little annual
leave and holidays American's have.

SNIP

Yeah, it great. The middle class works it ass off and now we are getting
screwed. I'll probable never retire.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California