Old October 27th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Snub Rant

RNW message site actually had someone APOLOGIZE for getting mad at
them for trashing SW broadcasts to North America.
Ooooo does baby wantum botoo ??
Their survey is dubious at best. Appealing for people to E-mail them
to ask they keep broadcasting is idiotic.Scientific evidence indicates
at best only 10 % of those in a survey even bother to answer. What
other media asks anyone, if you don't reply to our survey we may cut
you off, and if result doesn't please the "bean counters" (those
plagues upon a plague") we will slavishly follow their bidding and
trash broadcasts.Your long SW schedule (RNW) can afford at least an
hour a day English broadcast to North America, if not more. I can
hardly wait for my local AM radio station to threaten me with a cutoff
(go see us on the Web) Now isn't that incomprensibly stupid ?? Well it
Ain,t going to happen either on AM, FM or Sirius or XM satellite,
certainly not where English languge programming is concerned.
BBC, DW and RNW are being big sucks crying in their beer. And I don't
want to hear any of their guff that no enough people listen to SW,
because it JUST AIN'T SO.
Old October 27th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SW4ever" wrote in message
RNW message site actually had someone APOLOGIZE for getting mad at
them for trashing SW broadcasts to North America.
Ooooo does baby wantum botoo ??
And I don't
want to hear any of their guff that no enough people listen to SW,
because it JUST AIN'T SO.

Of course its true. Radio listening in general is declining, SW listening
in particular is about dead. Do you think all SW stations cutting
back/dropping programs to North America is a coincidence? No one is
listening in the U.S. anymore. Everyone is listening to crystal clear
internet radio, satellite radio or ipods. No one cares about noisy, static
filled, fading SW broadcasts anymore. That is 100 year old technology, and
its time has passed.

All of the big SW stations have nice, clear internet feeds now. Do what I
do, listen there. For that real, nostalgic feeling, I feed the internet
audio signal into one of my Part 15 AM transmitters, and rebroadcast it to
my tube radios.

Yes, it was cool 40 years ago when I got my first SW radio, and I now have
more radios than you can imagine. The only thing I use them for nowadays
is to receive my own broadcasts from my own transmitters, and listening to
football or baseball games. Other than that, radio sucks big time these
days.

Old October 27th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PBS/NPR "Public" Educational FM Radio Stations should copy the CBC{Canada} by Re-Broadcast International Shortwave Radio "Over-Night"

Bob Campbell wrote:
"SW4ever" wrote in message
[...]

should copy the CBC {Canada} and re-broadcast
some of the major International Shortwave Radio
Broadcasters in their 10PM to 5AM "Over-Night"
Time Slot :

Note - PBS/NPR has de-facto Programming Control
over 2964 "Public" FM Radio Stations
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt080630.html
=IF= Only 10% ~300 "Public" FM Radio Stations
carried the "Today's World News from Your World
Over-Night"© Program and all the major {Top 100]
US Metro Areas were covered then America would
be getting the Message of Shortwave via the FM
Radios in their Homes and Cars and at Work during
the NightShift. Shortwave as a Media may be
indeed Dying -but- The Un-Cut Message of Shortwave
can expanded in the USA via the Public FM Radio
Stations.

BBC = England/UK
RNW + DW + RFI + REE = EuroLand
CBC + RMI North America
Radiobrás +RHC = South America Carribean
CRI + NHK = Asia
VOR = Russian Federation
AIR = India
Channel Africa = Africa
KOL + Radio Cairo = Middle East
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Shortw.../Broadcasters/

CBC Radio One
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_One

CBC Radio "Overnight"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_Overnight

shortwave radio it's about hearing the un-cut
and un-edited message from the source
and hearing many sources ~ RHF
Old October 27th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Bob Campbell wrote:

"SW4ever" wrote in message
[...]

So, we can figure on you not showing up here again, boy?

We can only hope.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 27th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

Note - PBS/NPR has de-facto Programming Control
over 2964 "Public" FM Radio Stations

They do not.

Several L. A. area NPR stations run the World Service overnight, without
any mandates, from Roy Fisk or anyone else.

Old October 27th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

Note - PBS/NPR has de-facto Programming Control
over 2964 "Public" FM Radio Stations

They do not.

Several L. A. area NPR stations run the World Service overnight, without
any mandates, from Roy Fisk or anyone else.

Dave - D'Oh! Da World Service from the BBC
is only One Voice and is Not the Many Voices
of the World. The BBC-WS is a good start;
but it is just a start.

Start 1. BBC = England/UK
+ 2. RNW & DW & RFI & REE = EuroLand
+ 3. CBC & RMI North America
+ 4. CRI & NHK = Asia
+ 5. VOR = Russian Federation
+ 6. AIR = India
+ 7. Channel Africa = Africa
+ 8. Radiobrás & RHC = South America Carribean
+ 9. KOL + Radio Cairo = Middle East
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Shortw.../Broadcasters/

Network Example : CBC Radio One
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_One

Programming Example : CBC Radio "Overnight"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_Overnight

again shortwave radio it's about hearing the
un-cut and un-edited message from the source
and hearing 'many' sources around the world ~ RHF
Old October 27th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

Get lost looser.

Well, the word you really want is 'loser', not 'looser' (the opposite of
tighter) that you have used.

Usually, I don't want to be the "Spelling Police", but it's just too
hard to resist when someone accuses another of being dumb, stupid,
whatever, and then uses the wrong word in -their- reply. Keep it up and
others just might suspect that -you- are the "looser". ;-)

P.S.

Before you fire off a nasty reply, please appreciate that I am just
trying to save you the embarrassment of shooting yourself in the foot.
Old October 27th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Around here, Mississippi Polka Music gals run around naked in the front
yards.
cuhulin

Old October 27th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There go my little doggy again.She rounding up her little doggy monster
squeaky toys and droppin them down my side on her couch.Spoiled rotten
little doggy,,,,,,, www.cattledog.com

www.cattledog.com Flyball
cuhulin

Old October 27th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

http://beinart.org/images/beinart-na...eard-small.jpg

your rant Christopher Cox Antenna 1 August 4th 07 01:28 PM
your rant Christopher Cox Shortwave 0 August 4th 07 12:42 PM
So Much For THAT Rant.... Steve Robeson K4CAP Policy 74 June 15th 04 05:40 AM
Theological Rant [email protected] Antenna 0 November 27th 03 05:58 PM
Rant Michael A. Terrell Homebrew 17 October 24th 03 04:42 AM