Old November 27th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default REQ: Any PCI-slot SW cards?

OM wrote:
...Anyone know of any PC-based Shortwave Listening peripherals that
are worth looking at and possibly purchasing? I looked at a couple
about 10-12 years ago that were for ISA-slot PCs, but those didn't do
a great job of isolating RF harmonics created by the CPUs approaching
the 300MHz clock speeds, which seemed to be a major problem according
to the few reviews I read in "PC Rag" and "Computer Shopper"(*). I've
been getting this urge to get back into SWL since losing a leg and
being quite a bit more apartment-bound these days, and figured I'd see
about recycling an old PC into a decent SW rig if there's a good card
to buy.

Hey, it's either that, or get a Cobra CB rig that's been modded for
export sales and rig the mike up to a Sound Blaster...:-)

(*) Back in the days when it was worth reading, and a single issue
could line a birdcage for six months with a twice-a-day change!
OM

The Ten-Tec RX-320 has lots of fans.
Old November 27th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
OM OM is offline

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:21:05 +0000, Dave wrote:

The Ten-Tec RX-320 has lots of fans.

....This appears to be an external box. Due to some space
considerations, I'm looking for a PCI slot solution akin to the ISA
slot ones I'd previously looked at. Thanks, tho.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old November 28th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
OM wrote:

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:21:05 +0000, Dave wrote:

The Ten-Tec RX-320 has lots of fans.

...This appears to be an external box. Due to some space
considerations, I'm looking for a PCI slot solution akin to the ISA
slot ones I'd previously looked at. Thanks, tho.

How about this:

http://www.winradio.com/home/g305i.htm

"The receiver comes on a standard two-third length PCI card and is
compatible with all modern desktop computers with an available PCI 2.2
standard slot."

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

FS: Motorola 6-slot charger Hunchy Swap 0 August 29th 06 09:41 PM
Down Tilt on Slot Antenna Matt Antenna 11 March 23rd 05 01:28 PM
Slot Antenna Matt Antenna 17 December 19th 04 12:21 AM
audio cards or radio cards F*thejones Digital 6 November 25th 03 09:04 AM
audio cards or radio cards F*thejones Digital 0 November 14th 03 11:39 PM