Old December 8th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AOR AR7030 display replacement

The display backlight started failing about a year and half ago and
failed altogether about 1 year ago. This made the LCD display hard to
read.

It is not possible to repair this problem without destroying the
display module. The display module had a part number on the back and
the manufacturer was Power Tip. Contacting Power tip and their
distributors revealed that they did not have any of that part number in
stock, and if they had them in stock the minimum buy was 250 modules.

I tried again last week, one distributor had 4 replacement modules made
by AMPIRE left over from some large order, and they agreed to sell them
to me. I installed one and it looks good. The display contrast control
looked best turned all the way to one end where the "on" bits (dark)
had the greatest contrast to the off bits (light). The display looks
just like the original yellow-green backlight color.

I want to keep one other module as a spare but I'm willing to sell the
remaining two modules to anyone looking for a replacement. The module
cost is $25 and shipping will be $5 to $10 depending on where you live.

I have PDF documents of the original and replacement parts if anyone is
interested I can email them to you. I can email pictures of the
replacement display in operation and photos of the modules if
interested.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 8th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 7, 6:31 pm, Telamon wrote:

I want to keep one other module as a spare but I'm willing to sell the
remaining two modules to anyone looking for a replacement. The module
cost is $25 and shipping will be $5 to $10 depending on where you live.

No thanks, I don't do business with turds.
Old December 8th 08, 07:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Telamon FAQ

On Dec 8, 12:02 am, Telamon
wrote:
You are not welcome. I don't do business with news group Trolls.

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
From: "Robert E. Hall"
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 02:27:27 -0500
Subject: Telamon FAQ

Telamon is a troll that has been haging around rec.radio.shortwave for
long time.

Telamon is sometimes known by others in the newsgroup as "Tela-twit",
"Telamonkey", "Tela-****" and more recently as "Tela-turd".

Telamon thinks because he likes shortwave that he is in charge of this
group. Telamon has once falsely claimed ownership of
rec.radio.shortwave.
Telamon has repeatedly called others names and will fill this
newsgroup up
in a flame-war without reservation. However, Telamon is easily
offended
when someone calls him a name in kind.

Feel free to engage in teasing....because that keeps him busy from
causing
problems elsewhere on the internet.

You may put Telamon in your twit filter if you like.

Telamon appears to live in his mothers basement with a live internet
connection, so you will see him posting here at all hours of the day
or
night.

Play along with him if you want, or ignore him, or put him in your
twit
filter. But whatever you do, do not take him seriously.

Old January 30th 14, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:31:26 PM UTC-5, Telamon wrote:
[...]

Do you by any chance still have any of the display modules for the AR7030?
Old January 31st 14, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:38:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

Hi, This article was posted originally in 2008.

--
Pneuma is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXmLtbetuF0
Old January 31st 14, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Pneuma wrote:

[...]

And Telamon disappeared during the rhf dictatorship.

The poster posted the right way, though the subject header could have been
more specific. There was no reason to dig up an old message to reply to.

It's amazing that people think people will be still readging the newsgroup
years later. Telamon was here for a long time, but most of these replies
to old posts are to people I don't remember. And the new poster never
seems to consider replying via email, though maybe that's not an option
the way google is mangling things.

Michael

Old January 31st 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:15:05 PM UTC-6, Michael Black wrote:
[...]

Telamon is Ay OK. You tell em, Telamon. On another not, How is cuzzin Burr doing nowadays?
Old January 31st 14, 10:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

[...]

Burr seems to be OK. Got an email from him a few weeks ago sporting his new passport pic. He
looked well.