Old December 15th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A Radio Disney Mystery

On Dec 13, 9:39*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

m...

AM radio is listened to by people in cars, not SWLs. *I have digital
radios that resolve to less than 10 Hz, but these are not the norm.

Actually, AM radio is listened to mostly by people at home and at work.

I suppose it depends where you live. In the SF Bay Area, AM rules due
to terrain issues. A few FMs have two radio stations, such as KFOG and
KFFG. Kind of annoying since there is no automatic change over between
those stations, nor are they always in sync for some strange reason.

It's not my favorite AM, but KCBS covers the whole bay area.
Old December 15th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
m...

AM radio is listened to by people in cars, not SWLs. I have digital
radios that resolve to less than 10 Hz, but these are not the norm.

Actually, AM radio is listened to mostly by people at home and at work.

Sure sure 'dwardo. Most people can't even pick-up AM radio indoors.
give me a break.

About 70% of all radio listening is not in the car and about 66% of AM
listening is not in a vehicle, either,

Did your mall dicks tell you this? Or was it gleaned on a street corner?

I don't trust your numbers or your methods.

Old December 16th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
m...

AM radio is listened to by people in cars, not SWLs. I have digital
radios that resolve to less than 10 Hz, but these are not the norm.

Actually, AM radio is listened to mostly by people at home and at work.

Sure sure 'dwardo. Most people can't even pick-up AM radio indoors.
give me a break.

About 70% of all radio listening is not in the car and about 66% of AM
listening is not in a vehicle, either,

Did your mall dicks tell you this? Or was it gleaned on a street corner?

I don't trust your numbers or your methods.

It's the product of many millions of Arbitron diaries over the last few
decades.

Every market report shows each station's listening locations (Home, work,
car, other) as well as the market averages... right down to individual age
groups, genders, ethnicities.