Old December 18th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default R Australia on 9590 @ 1300 UTC

R. Australia, Shepparton, Australia, on 9590 @ 1300 UTC, sio-444. ID
as ABC Network right before the top of the hour, but then cutaway to a
M broadcaster with a S Asian accent for a "Radio Australia" ID, time
check and into new headlines w/ first item on fighting in Sri Lanka.
Very good. //9580 stronger, 9560 weaker. I've been into shortwave
listening for over forty years - I've spent a lot of mornings during
that time listening, almost every morning, to RA for a whole lot of
Oceania and S Asian news that I just can't get anywhere else. (Sony
ICF-6800W Orange, Bryant - Louisville, KY, Dec 18)
Old December 18th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael "I'm a college professor with a PhD" Bryant wrote:

R. Australia, Shepparton, Australia, on 9590 @ 1300 UTC, sio-444. ID
as ABC Network right before the top of the hour, but then cutaway to a
M broadcaster with a S Asian accent for a "Radio Australia" ID, time
check and into new headlines w/ first item on fighting in Sri Lanka.
Very good. //9580 stronger, 9560 weaker. I've been into shortwave
listening for over forty years - I've spent a lot of mornings during
that time listening, almost every morning, to RA for a whole lot of
Oceania and S Asian news that I just can't get anywhere else.

And to think, had you spent those mornings actually pursuing that PhD you
wouldn't have had to lie about having one!

Amazing!