Old December 18th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 860 AM

"BCBlazysusan" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 4:40 am, dxAce wrote:

Whoa! When mentioning QSL, one must always add (verie, for those in
Glendale)!

It also might be a good idea to do this when mentioning QTH (location, for
those
in Glendale) as well.

OK - when you say "verie" that means? I always thought that what I
sent to stations was called a verification report and then they in
turn send a qsl card or letter. Correct? No? FWIW my location is
Cincinnati,Oh.

Among MW DXers, one sends a reception report and receives a verification or
confirmation of reception from the station.

Station staffs seldom know the "Q" codes, and most would have no idea what a
"QSL" card is. Since most stations have contract engineers, not staff
engineers, its likely that a verification would come from someone in the
office... the manager, PD, office manager, etc., and they probably don't
know much about DXing in general... including the term "DXing."

Among themselves, AM DXers have called any confirmation of reception a
"verie" for the last 60 or 70 years. But at the station level, this term is
as unknown as QSL or QTH or DX.

For these reasons, reporting to anything except the big 50 kw clear channel
stations should use lay terms to the tone of "I heard your station... here
is what I heard... If this is correct, I'd value a verification from you
that I indeed heard your station."

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more. In
fact, some think that distant reception shows them operating outside
licensed values, and reports frighten them!

Old December 18th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 18, 4:40 am, dxAce wrote:

[...]

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more. In
fact, some think that distant reception shows them operating outside
licensed values, and reports frighten them!

Heck, faux Hispanics such as yourself probably frighten them even more.

Toddle off, and maybe you and Bryant can get a room together and "Pretend To
Be"...

Old December 19th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets
maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to
do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more. In
fact, some think that distant reception shows them operating outside
licensed values, and reports frighten them!

Heck, faux Hispanics such as yourself probably frighten them even more.

Toddle off, and maybe you and Bryant can get a room together and "Pretend
Be"...

My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself. You brain must be frozen in that horrible part of Michigan.

Old December 19th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself. You brain must be frozen in that horrible part of Michigan.

Why do you even bother responding to the trolls? Just filter them out and
forget about them.

Old December 19th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
m...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message
My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself. You brain must be frozen in that horrible part of Michigan.

Why do you even bother responding to the trolls? Just filter them out
and forget about them.

It's like feeding the Koi at my favorite Japanese restaurant... it's fun.

Old December 19th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 18, 4:40 am, dxAce wrote:

[...]

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more.

- In fact, some think that distant reception shows
- them operating outside licensed values,
- and reports frighten them!

Proving that Ignorance Breeds Fear
Old December 19th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 18, 6:39*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Bob Campbell" wrote in message

m...

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself. You brain must be frozen in that horrible part of Michigan.

Why do you even bother responding to the trolls? * Just filter them out
and forget about them.

- It's like feeding the Koi at my favorite Japanese restaurant... it's
fun.

At least for the Koi ;-}
Old December 19th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
m...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message
My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself. You brain must be frozen in that horrible part of Michigan.

Why do you even bother responding to the trolls? Just filter them out
and forget about them.

It's like feeding the Koi at my favorite Japanese restaurant... it's fun.

When will you pretend to own it?

Old December 19th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets
maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to
do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more. In
fact, some think that distant reception shows them operating outside
licensed values, and reports frighten them!

Heck, faux Hispanics such as yourself probably frighten them even more.

Toddle off, and maybe you and Bryant can get a room together and "Pretend
Be"...

My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself.

'Eduardo', you wouldn't know "useful DX information" if it crawled up your lying
ass and decided to spend the winter.

Old December 19th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 18, 11:23*pm, dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

From where I sit, our local AM, a 50 kw fulltime facility, only gets
maybe 2
to 3 reception reports a year. Because our DOE is a ham, he knows what to
do
with them. But many stations are not familiar with AM DXing any more.. In
fact, some think that distant reception shows them operating outside
licensed values, and reports frighten them!

Heck, faux Hispanics such as yourself probably frighten them even more.

Toddle off, and maybe you and Bryant can get a room together and "Pretend
Be"...

My post contains a lot more useful DX information than anything you have
posted lately, which seems to be links to lists that you did not prepare
yourself.

'Eduardo', you wouldn't know "useful DX information" if it crawled up your lying
ass and decided to spend the winter.- Hide quoted text -

I don't agree but that was pretty funny. :-D