Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 19th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark!

When are the simple-minded idiots who are running commercial radio going to
figure it out that they are competing against a lot more now than just other
radio stations. With two or three conglomerates owning most radio in this
country and the fact that they are all programmed identically with the same
moth-eaten playlist of 50 tunes makes radio a last choice. If the owners of
the stations and the FCC would get back to basics...local
programming...they'd find their audience AND ADVERTISING REVENUES explode.
Where we live we can only receive a relatively few stations (compared to the
"Big City") but even so, of the handful of AMs and the fist full of FMs we
do receive there are 6 stations...SIX!!!...all airing the same ESPN Radio
satellite feed. What a joke. Who listens? We never turn on a radio anymore
because there is nothing there. It's the fault of the FCC and the station
owners who are reaping now what they have sown.

Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! norml Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 06:21 PM
Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 07:06 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code General 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code Policy 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Dark Matter Maximus Shortwave 4 March 16th 04 02:16 AM