RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna for shortwave reception (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/139596-antenna-shortwave-reception.html)

John Smith December 24th 08 12:52 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

Telamon wrote:

[... and more chit]

Here is a review:
" Sangean ANT-60 Portable Short Wave
Handy reel type wire antenna for portable shortwave radios increases
sensitivity and improves reception. The wire is slightly on the thin
side but it's sturdy and well made. An clip adaptor is included for
radios without a 1/8" mini-jack that allows you to connect the reel
antenna directly to the radio's external antenna ..."

Obviously, he/she purchased one which worked identical to the POS I had ...

And, as per my last post, a time to plonk has come ... not really a
troll here, but the mentally handicapped are hard to resist, set up and
you are in for one "bonkers session!" grin

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 24th 08 12:53 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

Telamon wrote:

[even more chit]

plonk ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 24th 08 12:53 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

Telamon wrote:

[more chit]

yawn plonk ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 24th 08 12:54 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

Telamon wrote:

[totally worthless chit]

eyelids drooping plonk ... ZZZzzzz...

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 24th 08 12:56 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

Telamon wrote:

[... loads of pure crap]

yawn Did someone say something?

final plonk ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 24th 08 01:05 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

John Smith wrote:
Telamon wrote:

[more chit]

yawn plonk ...

Regards,
JS

One last thing, here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000023VW2

It show the "alligator clip adapter" to go from the male 1/8 phono plug
to the clip ... if you live in glass houses, don't throw stones ... IDIOT!

Regards,
JS

SC Dxing December 24th 08 01:06 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

PJ,

I've discovered there is no best antenna for everyone for shortwave
listening. Ignore the trolls here, start off with your wire antenna,
then experiment if you wish. I've tried a few things over the past few
weeks and for me, just running a wire along the ground about 60 feet
works best for me. I guess the only certain thing is that an antenna
that runs outside will work better than an inside antenna. If you
can't run one outside, try to put it by a window or up high in your
house/apartment. Experimenting is part of the fun, just google around,
play around, and have hours of fun on your new radio. I only in the
last few weeks have rediscovered listening to SW radio.

Happy listening.

Telamon December 24th 08 01:09 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

In article ,
John Smith wrote:

Telamon wrote:

[more chit]

yawn plonk ...

Don't go away mad, just go away idiot.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon December 24th 08 01:14 AM

Antenna for shortwave reception

In article ,
John Smith wrote:

Telamon wrote:

I don't use antenna software programs to do "antennas" as the
calculations are just algebraic and can be done on calculators but I
could understand why you would need them as a crutch.

Well, it is fun, to every once-in-a-while, unplonk you, give yas' a nice
kick-in-the-teeth, then plonk you again ... and the time has come ... ROFLOL

Yeah, you are kind of funny in a perverse way. You don't came across an
idiot with a superiority complex every day.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon December 24th 08 01:16 AM

John Smith wrote:

Telamon wrote:

[totally worthless chit]

eyelids drooping plonk ... ZZZzzzz...

Dozing off are we? Attention span around 10 minutes or less? Make no
mistake, and you have made plenty, you have been asleep all along jerk.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California