Old January 8th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Short wave station logging program

Could any one recommend a good program for logging/collating short
wave stations? Preferably a simple one without heaps of bells and
whistles.

Minge
Old January 8th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Daniel Minge wrote:

Could any one recommend a good program for logging/collating short
wave stations? Preferably a simple one without heaps of bells and
whistles.

I used a spreadsheet with good success. It can be as easy or 'feature
laden' as you wish.
It has the ability to sort contents by date, name, time, etc.
This Office Suite has everything you need and the price is right.

http://www.openoffice.org/

A spreadsheet only, with all the feature you will ever need. This is
also free.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-...or-Win32.shtml

mike
Old January 8th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I've tried downloading two different logging problems but to be
honest, any spreadsheet (Works, Excel, OpenOffice) is the best for
me.

I have my columns as such..

Frequency
Country
Station ID
Date listened
Time listened
Reception
Misc. Notes (language, program data etc)

I use a combination of these two sites to help me identify stations
and to find them....Although I will wait for a positive ID before I
log it.

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/time.txt - English only broadcast
schedule

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bib08.txt - really huge of shortwave
stations by frequency that is updated almost on a daily basis.

Happy listening.....

Old January 8th 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:50:39 -0800 (PST), SC Dxing
wrote:

I've tried downloading two different logging problems but to be
honest, any spreadsheet (Works, Excel, OpenOffice) is the best for
me.

I have my columns as such..

Frequency
Country
Station ID
Date listened
Time listened
Reception
Misc. Notes (language, program data etc)

I use a combination of these two sites to help me identify stations
and to find them....Although I will wait for a positive ID before I
log it.

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/time.txt - English only broadcast
schedule

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bib08.txt - really huge of shortwave
stations by frequency that is updated almost on a daily basis.

Happy listening.....

I have used a Palm OS based data base package called HanDBase. Their
website has many [free] downloadable 'applets' including logging
software - both shortwave and ham applets. Cool thing is at home you
can update the database on your computer and on trips and such you use
the Palm. Keep them synch'ed and with the sorting features (which yes
you can easily do in a spreadsheet) you have quite a program guide at
your disposal. If I were limiting myself to logging at the computer
only - I'd go with a spreadsheet application (like many I use MS
Excel) as SCDxing has suggested.

Logging Program FAZAMY Homebrew 6 January 5th 04 12:17 AM
Logging Program FAZAMY Dx 2 January 4th 04 08:09 PM
fa- PHILCO STANDARD WAVE-SHORT WAVE SWITCH>OLD++ RLucch2098 Swap 0 November 13th 03 03:57 PM
fa- PHILCO STANDARD WAVE-SHORT WAVE SWITCH>OLD++ RLucch2098 Equipment 0 November 13th 03 03:56 PM
fa- PHILCO STANDARD WAVE-SHORT WAVE SWITCH>OLD++ RLucch2098 Equipment 0 November 13th 03 03:56 PM