Old January 15th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

Default Are hams terrorists?

Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds gave, I don't
see any way of any legittimate ham radio operator getting out of being
accused and arrested and ruled definitely a terrorist even if you are
a legitimate law-abiding ham. You won't be able to prove you're
innocent.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=4&gl=us

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

Old January 15th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

In article 1ea15df8-1dbd-45bd-b756-c0471d76fe37@
13g2000yql.googlegroups.com, says...
Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds gave, I don't
see any way of any legittimate ham radio operator getting out of being
accused and arrested and ruled definitely a terrorist even if you are
a legitimate law-abiding ham. You won't be able to prove you're
innocent.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=4&gl=us

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

Look at the date.
--
BDK

BDK Klan leader?
kOOk Magnet!
NJJ CLUB #1
Shillmaster
Old January 15th 09, 02:40 PM posted to ,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

radioguy wrote in
:

Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds gave, I don't
see any way of any legittimate ham radio operator getting out of being
accused and arrested and ruled definitely a terrorist even if you are
a legitimate law-abiding ham. You won't be able to prove you're
innocent.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...ps.derkeiler.c
om/pdf/Archive/Rec/rec.radio.amateur.misc/2008-04/msg00001.pdf+%22arres
ted+for+using+a+ham+radio%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl =us

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

I bought a ham the other day and found it quite tasty. I wasn't a bit
terrorized.

--
"The better educated a person is, the less likely it is that person will be
a conservative."
Old January 15th 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 03:40:08 -0800 (PST), radioguy
wrote:

Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds gave, I don't
see any way of any legittimate ham radio operator getting out of being
accused and arrested and ruled definitely a terrorist even if you are
a legitimate law-abiding ham. You won't be able to prove you're
innocent.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=4&gl=us

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

Are you that gullible that you believe that article?

Old January 15th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

I'm sure it won't be long before Israel declares hams to be terrorists.
Old January 15th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...oups.derkeiler....

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

You are a troll and so is the story.. you guys took this crap hook
line and sinker..

This story is bogus, look at the names in the story..."Lucifer
Barrientos"

Who, but in hell is going to name their kid "Lucifer" or even
Ramakrishna Lakshminaramayanan. Google William Roberts and terroist,
not one hit, nothing, nada.

The only place you can find this bogus story is on Usenet.

DL
Old January 15th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

On Jan 15, 5:12*pm, wrote:
[...]

Actually, there are some Doctor Who books written by a guy whose last
name really is Lucifer.

Lofficer is French for Lucifer.

Yes the story is bogus. I did not notice the date on it until
afterwards.

However it was very plausible since in the past,I have actually
experienced similar catch-22 situations by certain self-appointed
cops who turned out to be hams.

What is it with ham radio that seems to attract all of the self-
appointed radio cops???

CB doesn't seem to attract them.

This isn't anything against all hams

It's just a certain few that seem to give all hams a bad name.

Come to think of it, it's not jst hams. GMRS seems to attract them
also.

It seems like radio services requiring a radio license attracts all of
the self-appointed radio cops.

Old January 15th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

wrote in message
Who, but in hell is going to name their kid "Lucifer" or even
Ramakrishna Lakshminaramayanan.

Someone named their kid Adolf Hitler and it was all over the news.

The only place you can find this bogus story is on Usenet.

Oh, not just usenet. What's funny is so many people have responded to the
false story, including yourself and now sad to say, myself. We both just
rewarded the poster by responding to it.

Old January 15th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics

"radioguy" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 5:12 pm, wrote:

This isn't anything against all hams

It's just a certain few that seem to give all hams a bad name.

Correct. Most hams probably are good people but if you just read usenet, you
would think hams are basket cases.