Old February 4th 09, 11:25 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default Economic Stimulus Package

Yesterday, the Senate began debate on an economic stimulus package
that is intended to get our economy back on track and help Americans
who are suffering through these difficult times. Unfortunately, the
proposal on the table is big on the giveaways for the special
interests and corporate high rollers, yet short on help for ordinary
working Americans. I cannot and do not support the package on the
table from the Democrats and the Obama Administration. Our country
does not need just another spending bill, particularly not one that
will load future generations with the burden of massive debt. We need
a short term stimulus bill that will directly help people, create
jobs, and provide a jolt to our economy.

I believe we need to evaluate every bit of spending in this stimulus
proposal with one important criteria - does it really stimulate the
economy and help create jobs - if the answer is no, it does not belong
in a so-called stimulus package. Furthermore, the stimulus must
include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of
payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes.
Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy
recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle
our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

I appreciate the discussions President Obama is having with my
Republican colleagues, but the time for talking has come to an end and
we must now begin some serious negotiation. But as of yet, Republicans
have not been given the opportunity to be involved. The House of
Representatives passed a stimulus bill without a single Republican
supporting it. In the Senate, the Democrat leadership is trying to jam
the existing proposal through regardless of reservations from a number
of members. With so much at stake, the last thing we need is
partisanship driving our attempts to turn the economy around.

I have long been a fighter against wasteful spending in Washington and
long an advocate for a balanced budget -- that will never change. I
realize we face extraordinary challenges with our economy today, but
that is not an excuse for more irresponsibly from Washington. I hope
you will join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently
exists by signing this petition.

http://www.countryfirstpac.com/petition/economic.aspx

Sincerely,

John McCain
Chair, Country First PAC
Old February 5th 09, 06:55 AM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Porkulus Bill -aka- Obama-Spend-N-Lust ! - Obama Tax and SpendBill of 2009

On Feb 4, 3:25*pm, wrote:
[...]

The latest name for the Obama Tax and Spend Bill
Oops - spend, and Spend. and SPEND Bill !
is the Obama-Splurge and Have Fun Package
-aka- Porkulus Bill -aka- Obama-Spend-N-Lust !
Old February 5th 09, 07:02 AM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 4, 10:55*pm, RHF wrote:
On Feb 4, 3:25*pm, wrote:

[...]

- *.

Even the 'Blue-Dog' Democrats are starting
to Up-Chuck of what is in it . . .
Old February 5th 09, 09:40 AM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

On Feb 4, 5:25*pm, wrote:
SNIP McCain's generalizations

Furthermore, the stimulus must
include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of
payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes.
Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy
recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle
our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

So the Repigs demand "payroll tax cuts." That's a pretty clever
scam. It means that workers will pay less into Social Security; not
only the workers, but also the employers who are normally required to
pay into the fund along with each employee. The Repig plan is a
reduction in the total amount both the workers and the employers pay
into Social Security.

But the employers get no benefits from the funds, only the workers.
In other words, the Repigs want the stimulus will be financed out of
the Social Security funds being put aside for the workers.

Considering the already shaky condition of the Social Security fund,
the Repig plan is outrageous. Predictions are that the Social
Security fund will be depleted in just a few years at the present rate
of contributions. Yet people like McCain want to reduce the
contributions even further. The Repigs claim they don't want to
saddle our children with debt. But apparently, they don't mind
spending the money needed in the future for the retirement of the
workers and their children.

Old February 5th 09, 01:45 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

RHF wrote:

The latest name for the Obama Tax and Spend Bill
Oops - spend, and Spend. and SPEND Bill !

After 9/11, George W. Bush's 'solution' was : "spend, Spend, SPEND".

So, what's your point?
Old February 5th 09, 03:36 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Porkulus Bill -aka- Obama-Spend-N-Lust ! - Obama Tax andSpend Bill of 2009 - Result A Bankrupt America

On Feb 5, 5:45*am, Billy Burpelson wrote:
RHF wrote:
The latest name for the Obama Tax and Spend Bill
Oops - spend, and Spend. and SPEND Bill !

After 9/11, George W. Bush's 'solution' was : "spend, Spend, SPEND".

So, what's your point?

Under President Bush "GWB"
First Point : "After 9/11" [Never Forget]
Second Point : "spend, Spend, SPEND"
-translation- defend america, Defend America. DEFEND AMERICA !
-result- No Attack on America After 9/11 :
Until the End of his Presidency [.]

Under President Obama "BHO"
First Point : "Forget About 9/11"
Second Point : "spend, Spend, SPEND"
-translation- bankrupt america, Bankrupt America, BANKRUPT AMERICA !
-result- TBD
Old February 5th 09, 05:46 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

snakehawk wrote in crayon...

On Feb 4, 5:25*pm, wrote:
SNIP McCain's generalizations

Furthermore, the stimulus must
include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of
payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes.
Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy
recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle
our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

So the Repigs demand "payroll tax cuts." That's a pretty clever
scam. It means that workers will pay less into Social Security; not
only the workers, but also the employers who are normally required to
pay into the fund along with each employee. The Repig plan is a
reduction in the total amount both the workers and the employers pay
into Social Security.

When you understand how a business works maybe you will understand the
need for a struggling business to cut costs in order to stay afloat.

But the employers get no benefits from the funds, only the workers.
In other words, the Repigs want the stimulus will be financed out of
the Social Security funds being put aside for the workers.

How do you figure? It probably stems from your lack of knowledge of
business.

Considering the already shaky condition of the Social Security fund,
the Repig plan is outrageous. Predictions are that the Social
Security fund will be depleted in just a few years at the present rate
of contributions. Yet people like McCain want to reduce the
contributions even further. The Repigs claim they don't want to
saddle our children with debt. But apparently, they don't mind
spending the money needed in the future for the retirement of the
workers and their children.

President GW Bush was bombarded with criticism by Liberals when he
said Social Security needed to be reformed since his first campaign in
1999. President Bush reiterated his need to reform Social Security in
2006. Pelosi and Reid put out the word: There would be no Democratic
Social Security plan, and no negotiating with Bush as long as he
insisted on privatization. President Bush's plan was not supported by
Democrats, but they did not come up with an alternative.

The Democrats want to maintain the status quo in regards to Social
Security because Congress uses it for their legislative petty cash
box. There are so many Congressional I.O.U.s in the SS trust fund.
Paying back those I.O.U.s will be impossible.

The Democratic Pork bill of 2009 will saddle future generations for
the bailout of government.

-

I thank God I am not a liberal because I hate Kool Aid.
Old February 5th 09, 06:03 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Billy Burpelson wrote:
RHF wrote:

The latest name for the Obama Tax and Spend Bill
Oops - spend, and Spend. and SPEND Bill !

After 9/11, George W. Bush's 'solution' was : "spend, Spend, SPEND".

So, what's your point?

Republicans and Democrats both take my money and give it to their
friends. Mr. Bush's friends are war profiteers and oil companies.
Old February 6th 09, 01:11 AM posted to alt.religion.christian,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

RHF wrote:
The latest name for the Obama Tax and Spend Bill
Oops - spend, and Spend. and SPEND Bill !

After 9/11, George W. Bush's 'solution' was : "spend, Spend, SPEND".

So, what's your point?

Under President Bush "GWB"
First Point : "After 9/11" [Never Forget]
Second Point : "spend, Spend, SPEND"
-translation- defend america, Defend America. DEFEND AMERICA !
-result- No Attack on America After 9/11 :
Until the End of his Presidency [.]

Is the CIA conducting experiments with psychotropic agents in your
neighbourhood? You really are a master of inane bull****. No attack on
America due to spend, spend, spend? What arrogance!

So what attack happened on the USA after GWB left office?

Under President Obama "BHO"
First Point : "Forget About 9/11"
Second Point : "spend, Spend, SPEND"
-translation- bankrupt america, Bankrupt America, BANKRUPT AMERICA !
-result- TBD
.

So what you are saying is that investing money into the USA's
infrastructure and educational system is a waste of money. How
unamerican of you!

JB