Old February 4th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Digital TV Crap.

It's been changed again.To June 12.
What a MESS!
cuhulin

Old February 5th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And at least one of our local stations here has just said they are
turning off analog on Feb 17th regardless of this new date. It's up to
the TV stations if they want to cease transmitting in analog or not.

What a mess.
Old February 6th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 4, 1:33*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
And at least one of our local stations here has just said they are
turning off analog on Feb 17th regardless of this new date. It's up to
the TV stations if they want to cease transmitting in analog or not.

What a mess.

No problem here in American Samoa. Our 4 local stations have been DTV
since October 08. Man what a difference over analogue tranmission!
Way to go... Heck I even what TV now.

Cheers and beers
Chris
Old February 6th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The tv stations in Jackson will do the digital switch thingy on February
17.Or so I recently heard.
cuhulin

Old February 6th 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Digital HDTV with a Hitch - - - Oops !

On Feb 4, 4:33*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
And at least one of our local stations here has just said they are
turning off analog on Feb 17th regardless of this new date. It's up to
the TV stations if they want to cease transmitting in analog or not.

What a mess.

The SACTO Channel 3 [kCRA] has anounced
that it is going Digital with a Hitch - - - Oops !
http://www.kcra.com/index.html

Their new HDTV Digital Signal does not cover
as well as the old Analog TV signal did.
http://www.kcra.com/digital/index.html

So after the Analog goes 'off' they will be doing
some upward adjustment of the Digital Antenna
Elements to improve the HDTV Digital Coverage Area.
http://www.kcra.com/digital/14950686/detail.html

More HDTV Digital Tech Info
http://www.kcra.com/digital-tv/index.html