Old March 12th 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default U. S. Senate Minority Report: More Than 650 International ScientistsDissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

MNMikeW wrote:

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...506084437.aspx

Well now, there's a reliable source: the "Business and Media Institute"?
What kind of *scientific* organization is that? What scientific proof do
they offer other than saying "it ain't so"?
Old March 12th 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Carter, K8VT, posing as "Billy Burpelson", wrote:

MNMikeW wrote:

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...506084437.aspx

Well now, there's a reliable source: the "Business and Media Institute"?
What kind of *scientific* organization is that? What scientific proof do
they offer other than saying "it ain't so"?

Carter, you are a climate change k00k!

Old March 12th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

MNMikeW wrote:

Sensor drift, google it.

Give it up. You are a tool of entrenched carbon industries.
Old March 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
MNMikeW wrote:

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...506084437.aspx

Well now, there's a reliable source: the "Business and Media Institute"?
What kind of *scientific* organization is that? What scientific proof do
they offer other than saying "it ain't so"?

MNMikeW wrote:

Shoot the messenger when you have nothing. Typical lib.

Nothing to do with "shoot the messenger". Or lib. Or conservative.

It is a scientific topic and therefore a perfectly legitimate question
to ask what their scientific qualifications are.
Old March 13th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
MNMikeW wrote:

There has been no warming for last 10 years yet CO levels continue to
rise.

Billy Burpelson wrote:

Well, OK, no warming. If you say so...but then what would explain all
those glaciers and polar ice that is melting? Somebody used Photoshop
(tm) to doctor the hundreds of satellite and terrestrial pictures that
have been published over the last several years showing the melting? ALL
those pictures are fraudulent?

Also, I think you meant C02 (carbon dioxide), not CO (carbon monoxide).

Telamon wrote:

They melt every year in the summer time Billy. It's nothing new or
different. Can you guess what happens in the winter time? I'll bet you
can.

Yes indeed, there are seasonal changes. Congratulations on your intuitive
grasp of...the obvious.

Unfortunately, if you had done even the tiniest bit of homework, you would
realize that there has been a huge loss of ice, glaciers pulled back
for -miles-, waaay more than can be accounted for by seasonal changes.

But, hey, that's OK. We here realize that you've never been one to let
facts get in your way.

MNMikeW wrote:

Sensor drift, google it.

Sensor drift, shmenser drift. What does that have do with the glaciers
that have receded for miles? You don't need any stinkin' sensors, just a
long tape measure... :-)

Old March 13th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Billy Burpelson wrote:

MNMikeW wrote:

There has been no warming for last 10 years yet CO levels continue to
rise.
Well, OK, no warming. If you say so...but then what would explain all
those glaciers and polar ice that is melting? Somebody used Photoshop
(tm) to doctor the hundreds of satellite and terrestrial pictures that
have been published over the last several years showing the melting? ALL
those pictures are fraudulent?

Also, I think you meant C02 (carbon dioxide), not CO (carbon monoxide).

They melt every year in the summer time Billy. It's nothing new or
different. Can you guess what happens in the winter time? I'll bet you
can.

I suggest you scroll down about half way. They have pictures.

http://nsidc.org/sotc/sea_ice.html

OK so what?
Ice decreases in some places and increases in other places so the point
is what?
And this proves "warming" is caused by man how?

And I guess you missed the news on how this data has been under
reporting the amount of ice.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

They melt every year in the summer time Billy. It's nothing new or
different. Can you guess what happens in the winter time? I'll bet you
can.

Yes indeed, there are seasonal changes. Congratulations on your
intuitive grasp of...the obvious.

I grew up on the east coast so I know about the seasons.

Unfortunately, if you had done even the tiniest bit of homework, you
would realize that there has been a huge loss of ice, glaciers pulled
back for -miles-, waaay more than can be accounted for by seasonal changes.

I have spent hours reading about this and you are buying the global
warming Kool-aid but hey I'm not surprised.

But, hey, that's OK. We here realize that you've never been one to let
facts get in your way.

Facts are data. Data by itself is useless. You have to understand what
you are looking at to draw conclusions. You have not done this. Instead
you have allowed other people to draw conclusions for you because of
some personal reason. That reason could be that you are just plain lazy
or it could be you are to dull. Whatever the reason I suggest you apply
a little more personal effort on the topic instead of making the usual
ignorant post.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

They melt every year in the summer time Billy. It's nothing new or
different. Can you guess what happens in the winter time? I'll bet you
can.

Yes indeed, there are seasonal changes. Congratulations on your intuitive
grasp of...the obvious.

Unfortunately, if you had done even the tiniest bit of homework, you would
realize that there has been a huge loss of ice, glaciers pulled back
for -miles-, waaay more than can be accounted for by seasonal changes.

But, hey, that's OK. We here realize that you've never been one to let
facts get in your way.

Sensor drift, google it.

Now that wasn't hard to find now was it. No excuse to the global warming
crowd not to find it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

MNMikeW wrote:

Sensor drift, google it.

Give it up. You are a tool of entrenched carbon industries.

Grow up.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

That reason could be that you are just plain lazy
or it could be you are to dull. Whatever the reason I suggest you apply
a little more personal effort on the topic instead of making the usual
ignorant post.

"to [sic] dull" and "ignorant post" and yet YOU are still totally
clueless about the use of "to" vs. "too".

Dammit, I've warned you about this befo If you are going to accuse
others of being dull and ignorant, fair enough, but it would behoove you
to get your own house in order first; otherwise you are demonstrating
YOUR dullness and ignorance.

Oh, the irony!! It's just to, too much. :-)