Old May 3rd 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OMG! Pete Seeger turns 90 today!

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.

Drifter...
Old May 3rd 09, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.

A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

Old May 3rd 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.

A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So, Ace, your saying you didn't like his folksy type music?

Drifter...
Old May 3rd 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.

A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So, Ace, your saying you didn't like his folksy type music?

It's OK I suppose, but when I hear it, I'm always mindful that he's a
Commie/Leftist!

Old May 3rd 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.
A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So, Ace, your saying you didn't like his folksy type music?

It's OK I suppose, but when I hear it, I'm always mindful that he's a
Commie/Leftist!

Your right, about him being on the left. i was just commenting
on his age. i liked the folk stuff back then. now, about the
only folk i still listen to is Peter Paul and Mary. different
times, and different ideas. and, with the life style he led, i
wonder how many of us will reach 90?

Drifter...

Old May 3rd 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I remember listening to some of his songs on the radio.Back in the
1970s, I think it was.I didn't know he is a leftist commie.
cuhulin

Old May 3rd 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.
A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So, Ace, your saying you didn't like his folksy type music?

It's OK I suppose, but when I hear it, I'm always mindful that he's a
Commie/Leftist!

Your right, about him being on the left. i was just commenting
on his age. i liked the folk stuff back then. now, about the
only folk i still listen to is Peter Paul and Mary. different
times, and different ideas. and, with the life style he led, i
wonder how many of us will reach 90?

Seems as though the folks at the BBC were/are enthralled with him. I heard
several program bits on our local area's NPR overnight relay. WVGR 104.1,
typically runs BBC 10 PM to 5 AM ET daily.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 3rd 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 3, 10:49*am, dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:
I'm suddenly feeling really old.

*http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.

A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So Pete Seeger is 90 : God Bless Him and His Work - Amen ~ RHF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Seeger

Most likey Pete Seeger would have been a "Wobblie".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industr...s_of_the_World

Wobblies History
http://www.versobooks.com/books/ab/b...lman_iww.shtml
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n17150978
http://southernstudies.org/facingsou...-in-history-wo...

Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) -aka- The Wobblies
IWW - http://www.iww.org/
Old May 3rd 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When I get on the road, I am ahead of everybody who is behind me.
When I used to drive a bread truck route for Sunbeam bakery, (Don't say
bread, say Sunbeam!) sometimes on Highway 49 South, South of Jackson, I
used to see an elderly couple in their 1960s Chevrolet pickup truck.On
the front bumper was a home made sign that said GIDDY UP GO, on the rear
bumper was another home made sign that said WE JUST WENT.
cuhulin

Old May 4th 09, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Do you remember Hurricane Camille? What did Colonial do? Colonial jacked
up the prices of bread/bakery products in the Missisippi Gulf Coast
area.Sunbeam did not jack up the prices.SCREW Colonial!!!
In the Star grocery stores in the Jackson metro area, we used Magic
Markers and marked on the bread 2/39

Two big long loaves of Sunbeam sandwich bread for thirty nine cents.Of
course the Star stores were getting a kickback from Koestler's Sunbeam
Bakery in Vicksburg,Mississippi.You know why little Miss Sunbeam can't
get pregnant? No holes, Sunbeam bread is batter whipped.

Sunbeam used to have a relay store on Lynch Street in Jackson, it was
accross the street from the Joy Car Wash.There was a guy we called
Cowboy.He walked with a limp and he wore an old black Cowboy hat and he
always toted a Revolver on his hip.He used to bring the bread in a
tractor trailer truck from Vicksburg.''Tubby'' Doug Hynum was the boss
at the relay store.''Potliker'' Mary was his wife.The assistant boss
(Jessie Bowland) at the relay store used to hit on Doug's wife when Doug
was out somewhere.Jessie married a woman (Charlene).Sometimes Charlene
would phone the relay store,,, Jesse, come home, emergency!
Jessie used to get into arguments with people on the phone, he had a
short temper.
cuhulin

REALLY TURNS ME ON!!! [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 24th 08 07:11 PM
turns help ml Antenna 3 November 9th 07 08:12 AM
Very good daytime reception today on mid SW bands today Telamon Shortwave 0 June 6th 05 05:47 AM
Slinky turns 60 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 March 15th 05 06:58 PM
Pete Peters sermon today. Al Patrick Shortwave 0 August 25th 04 03:19 PM