Old May 15th 09, 02:16 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

Default Friedman Predicts the Destruction of the Dollar

~ RHF wrote:
On May 15, 8:06 am, wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2009 07:27:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

- - correct, you cannot ignore the destruction of wages because you
are
- - competing with slave and sweatshop labor, on top of all of the
- - environmental destruction. sooner or later the wage destruction
will
- - come home to roost and demand plunges.

- Unless you do tariffs.

Import Tariffs are the quickest way to a Global Depression.
.

We're already there.
Old May 15th 09, 01:27 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

The late, great Milton Friedman http://www.ideachannel.tv/
in his classic book prophetically revealed how 0baMa0's reckless
monetary policies will cause hyperinflation and destroy our nation
https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/...MO_CODE=7FD4-1
Old May 15th 09, 02:02 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 5:27*am, wrote:
The late, great Milton Friedman http://www.ideachannel.tv/
in his classic book prophetically revealed how 0baMa0's reckless
monetary policies will cause hyperinflation and destroy our nation
https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/...MO_CODE=7FD4-1

Milton Freidman coined the phrase "there's no such thing as a free
lunch."
I live by that phrase. Milton Friedman's other philosophies screwed
up
several economies. People are worried about hyperinflation
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...category=10191

Production of United States Mint American Eagle Gold Proof
and Uncirculated Coins has been temporarily suspended because
of unprecedented demand for American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins.

Bush's administration more than doubled the money base during
his last year in office. Production didn't double, infact the economy
was contracting. I wonder where the money is going that we don't
already have huge inflation. None the less, I don't blame Obama
for this problem. Government spending itself doesn't cause inflation.
Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. If the money
isn't chasing the goods there won't be inflation.

US productive capacity has been sidelined. It's being dismantled.
There isn't enough money in the system to support our production.
As long as we are in a global system where other nations do not
value their labor our labor will be devalued. There's no free lunch.

We are becoming a third world nation. The Reagan era is ending.
Milton Friedman was wrong about just about everything except
there is no free lunch.
Old May 15th 09, 02:06 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

wrote:
The late, great Milton Friedman
http://www.ideachannel.tv/
in his classic book prophetically revealed how 0baMa0's reckless
monetary policies will cause hyperinflation and destroy our nation
https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/...MO_CODE=7FD4-1

Milton Friedman? Give me a break. The man should be in Hell with
Chairman Mao.
Old May 15th 09, 02:42 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 8:06*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
The late, great Milton Friedmanhttp://www.ideachannel.tv/
in his classic book prophetically revealed how 0baMa0's reckless
monetary policies will cause hyperinflation and destroy our nation
https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/...MO_CODE=7FD4-1

Milton Friedman? *Give me a break. *The man should be in Hell with
Chairman Mao.

both gary and dave are correct, the man was a one man wrecking crew,
who destroyed the demand(wages)of the western worker. today we are
reaping what he and other quacks and cranks, have sown.
he destroyed the economy of the u.k., ireland, iceland, the baltics,
russia, almost all of south and central america, new zealand, really,
almost the entire world. now its even hitting us.
we are in a deflationary spiral, and it will be a miracle if we can
avoid a out right depression. a deflationary spiral is wage deflation,
which translates into plummeting demand, something all of miltons
polices have led us to.
milton destroyed the dollar.

squawk hyper-inflation hyper-inflation, except, when you are in a
wage deflation spiral(plummeting demand, demand is driven by wages):
U.S. consumer prices unchanged in April, sluggish consumer demand
limited companies' pricing power

even gas is up quite a bit, but it still does not matter. deflation
must be roaring in america for prices to be flat when energy is up so
much.
it bodes ill for the new energy bubble though, demand is falling for
their products. pretty soon the idiots will have to sell their assets
for cash to pay their bills, then oil and gold will plummet again.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-con...&asset=&ccode=

U.S. consumer prices unchanged in April
• On Friday May 15, 2009, 8:54 am EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumer prices were unchanged in April as
expected, but recorded their largest 12-month drop since 1955,
government data showed on Friday, as sluggish consumer demand limited
companies' pricing power.

The Labor Department said its closely watched Consumer Price Index was
flat after falling 0.1 percent in March. Compared to the same period
last year, consumer prices fell 0.7 percent, the biggest 12-month
decline since June 1955. In March, the year-over-year CPI rate fell
0.4 percent.
Core prices, which exclude food and energy items, rose a faster 0.3
percent versus a 0.2 percent increase in March. That compared to
analysts' prediction for a 0.1 percent increase. Core prices rose 1.9
percent year over year after a 1.8 percent rise in March.
Energy prices fell 2.4 percent after dropping 3.0 percent the previous
month. The food index fell 0.2 percent in April, the largest drop
since May 2002 and the third straight monthly decline.
(Reporting by Lucia Mutikani, Editing by Andrea Ricci)

Old May 15th 09, 02:59 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

"dave" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
The late, great Milton Friedman
http://www.ideachannel.tv/
in his classic book prophetically revealed how 0baMa0's reckless
monetary policies will cause hyperinflation and destroy our nation
https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/...MO_CODE=7FD4-1

Milton Friedman? Give me a break. The man should be in Hell with
Chairman Mao.

There's a Haitian saying: "He who lays down with dogs gets up with fleas"
and a Dutch saying "Mix with the slops and you'll be fed to the hogs" IMO
these sum
up the end result of globalization nicely (as I perceive it). First world
countries will be dragged down to the
level of the third world.

Old May 15th 09, 03:27 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 8:59*am, "They call me Trinity"
wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

m...

wrote:
[...]

how the market fundamentalists can still have a feverish grip on the
world is beyond me, they have been complete failures, and have driven
just about every country into bankruptcy.
free trade is dead, its dying as we speak, yet, the g-20 just meet,
got down on their hands and knee's, and are still barking and braying
about the wonders of the free market, and pledging themselves openly
to adhere to the religion, simply amazing.
Old May 15th 09, 03:58 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 7:27*am, wrote:

*free trade is dead, its dying as we speak, yet, the g-20 just meet,
got down on their hands and knee's, and are still barking and braying
about the wonders of the free market, and pledging themselves openly
to adhere to the religion, simply amazing.

After all that has happened I still believe we are best served by free
trade in fair markets. Our economic and military safety is best
served
by shared interests of the masses and control of the power elite in
every nation.

In my younger years I underestimated the impacts of cultural norms
and the time it takes to change them. I wonder how many really hear
Obama's UofA speech, especially the parts about standards of success.
I wonder how many around the world dream of one day becoming the
oppressor rather than the opressed, not thinking about the alternative
where none are oppressed.

I still think that when China come fully on line things will start
getting
better even if there are other holdouts. The problem is to find a way
to bring them on line without destroying the habitat for humans.

Old May 15th 09, 04:27 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 9:58*am, Gary Forbis wrote:
On May 15, 7:27*am, wrote:

*free trade is dead, its dying as we speak, yet, the g-20 just meet,
got down on their hands and knee's, and are still barking and braying
about the wonders of the free market, and pledging themselves openly
to adhere to the religion, simply amazing.

After all that has happened I still believe we are best served by free
trade in fair markets. *Our economic and military safety is best
served
by shared interests of the masses and control of the power elite in
every nation.

a complete fairy tale. the exact opposite has happened.

In my younger years I underestimated the impacts of cultural norms
and the time it takes to change them. *I wonder how many really hear
Obama's UofA speech, especially the parts about standards of success.
I wonder how many around the world dream of one day becoming the
oppressor rather than the opressed, not thinking about the alternative
where none are oppressed.

in a free market, you are free to do as you please, and that is just
what happened to us. we are living the nightmare of freedom for the
few.

I still think that when China come fully on line things will start
getting
better even if there are other holdouts. *The problem is to find a way
to bring them on line without destroying the habitat for humans.

holdouts, just about every country in the world is back peddling from
free trade as fast as they can to save what little wealth they have
left.
Old May 15th 09, 04:29 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On May 15, 10:06*am, wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2009 07:27:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
correct, you cannot ignore the destruction of wages because you are
competing with slave and sweatshop labor, on top of all of the
environmental destruction. sooner or later the wage destruction will
come home to roost and demand plunges.

Unless you do tariffs.

correct. and i think they are coming, even if the powers that be,
kick and scream and get on their knees and beg forgiveness to their
gods. sooner or later, its going to happen, otherwise we fail, and the
nation breaks up.