Old May 16th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Univision Radio off 26%

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

Yet KFI has three or four times the audience of KNX...

Until the first signs of a temblor are felt, then it's KNX all the way.
I remember back in '94 Northridge, every radio you went past was on KNX,
who knows how many might have just left KFI to get some real news before
the KFI censors could cook a right wing spin into it.

When the daily data was broken out for the Northridge quake, the #1
station
was KFWB, followed by KHJ and then KNX.

KFWB 980 has always been considered a weak DX target in San Diego, and
don't know about KHJ back then but now XEMO 860 (La Poderosa) kicks
their ass whether for 'noticias de teremoto' or regular program content.

I was speaking of the area where the quake occured, LA County. KFWB was the
clear favorite and did a much better job than KNX. KHJ was the only Spanish
language station on the air following the quake, and much of the 40% of the
market that is Hispanic listened to them... they lost 8 seconds during the
quake.

KFI was still building back then, so
not as much a news factor.

Should have kept Leykis.

They benefitted enormously by nuking him.

Leykis was and is pervert.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 16th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
market.

The NRSC research, headed by none other than Bob Orban, proved that a
bandwidth of up to around 6 kHz was ideal given today's receivers, and
anything more caused deterioration in the audio. The NRSC used a large
sample of average listeners using a variety of consumer radios.

Now that's baloney. The analog frequency response has been limited so
they can broadcast the crap IBOC signal. They don't sound as good any
time day or night because of this and I find it hard to believe there
is
no fading distortion in the metro LA area. They really sound terrible
when this happens.

The NRSC papers are searchable, and the evidence is quite convincing. In
fact, bandwidth much over 6.5 kHz actually makes most receivers sound
worse... the ideal being around 5.5 kHz to 6.5 kHz.

Yeah, with the IBOC on that's true but with just the analog signal it's
not. I have the luxury of knowing since I have a receiver that will go
out to 16KHz.

The NRSC study had nothing to do with HD... it was based on finding the
optimal bandwidth for AM with today's environment and today's receivers in
analog mode. The feeling had been that the NRSC 10 kHz standard was, indeed,
too wide for the best sounding AM operation... and they were right.

Old May 16th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 'Eduardo' down 100%

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

KFI has better ratings than most because it has more appealing
programming.

Meaning that a stack of skewed diaries say so ;-)

There are no diaries in LA.

Nor 'valid' ones anywhere.

And your degree or credentials in research are?

At least you got that GED on your side, boy!

Yeah, and a 4.0 GPA / Dean's list at ASU and lots of advanced courses
later.

But never a degree, even with as you've stated in the past, enough college
credits for two degrees!

Why would I need a degree? I was recruited out of college by an NYSE-listed
company as a VP, and since I was taking such an eclectic selection of
courses I would not have qualified for any degree field anyway, I ended up
with a custom-designed curriculum.

Custom fabricated? Still, you only have a GED!

LMFAO

Old May 16th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
[...]

Well, in my own tests I'd say about 8KHz is best. This what I use most
of the time for BCBAM and SW.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 16th 09, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

Custom fabricated? Still, you only have a GED!

What possible benefit would a piece of paper be? You are so straight-laced
and, obviously, unable to think creatively.

Old May 16th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

KFI is back to trashing their own signal at night and the audio high
end
is compromised at all times.

And it remains a top 5 radio station...

By default, because they have a good signal.

Which they have now compromised.

In the several weeks that they have had HD back on, the ratings have not
slipped at all.

A little more time may see people give up on KFI. I have and I expect
others will also.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 16th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
[...]

I've got an 8 kHz filter in my R7.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 16th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
Yeah, with the IBOC on that's true but with just the analog signal it's
not. I have the luxury of knowing since I have a receiver that will go
out to 16KHz.

The NRSC study had nothing to do with HD... it was based on finding the
optimal bandwidth for AM with today's environment and today's receivers
in
analog mode. The feeling had been that the NRSC 10 kHz standard was,
indeed,
too wide for the best sounding AM operation... and they were right.

Well, in my own tests I'd say about 8KHz is best. This what I use most
of the time for BCBAM and SW.

However, I would imagine the bandpass of your receiver is better than the
stuff sold at WalMart and Bed, Bath and Beyond... and that's what most home
radios are like today. Most, the study found, were down 10 db at 3.9 kHz, so
wide bandwith at the transmitted end ended up causing apparent distortion at
the receiver.

Old May 16th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

Custom fabricated? Still, you only have a GED!

What possible benefit would a piece of paper be? You are so straight-laced
and, obviously, unable to think creatively.

Yeah, guess you're right as you've sure got me beat in the creativity
department.

You and Bryant both are quite 'creative'!

LMFAO

Old May 16th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

Custom fabricated? Still, you only have a GED!

What possible benefit would a piece of paper be? You are so straight-laced
and, obviously, unable to think creatively.

Your 'Pretend To Own' schtick was pretty damn creative, boy!