Old May 25th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

I don't know what
sort of oddball signal black hole you have there, but in the rest of
the
real world, low power does work.

No, it does not. In evaluations of the listening of several million
Arbitron
diary keepers, where listening locations were identified by ZIP code,
less
than 5% of the listening time was outside the 54 dbu contour. Most, 85%
was
inside the 70 dbu. Interestingly, this matches the reception
characteristics
of most consumer grade radios.

Your anecdotal evidence is amusing, but there is no data you provided
that
shows that anyone even listens to these facilities at the distance you
mention. We all have such experiences... I got the exciter of one of my
transmitters in Ecuador (located about 3000 feet above Quito) nearly 200
km
away on a friend's hacienda; unfortunately, the fact that only the
exciter
was on made for a long drive back to the city and up the hill.

You had no transmitters.

I just recently gave you the name of a person of enormous recognition and
integrity... the past chairperson of the Pulitzer Prize board and a 30-year
member of the Interamerican Press Association, publisher of a significant
newspaper in Kansas: Edward Seaton.

Until you contact him and ask if I owned radio stations in Ecuador in the
period between 1964 and 1970, you can shut up.

Edward and I were friends while he was in Ecuador on a Fulbright Scholarship
grant he received after graduating from Harvard. He's been in my stations,
heard them on the air and knows about them. What better proof could you want
than someone of such a prominent public profile?

Old May 25th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
m...
David Eduardo wrote:

At the populated areas, not the mountain, but this was a single bay, so
it really was only optimized to comply with downward radiation for OSHA
purposes. This was just too little power. Everything was designed right,
and over the course of a number of years, three different antennas, both
side and pole mount, were tried. It was so obvious that it was simply too
little power... so moving down to the valley floor produced the right
results and within one survey period saw a dramatic increase in
listening.

Single bays don't work. You put as much energy into the sky as anywhere
else with a single bay. A 3 bay, with null-fill, tilted to the beach, low
VSWR 1.06:1 or better at +/- 600 kHz, and a properly constructed
transmission line should work well.

All multi-bay antennas do is narrow the radiation beam. Were I to have the
choice, and cheap electric power too, I would always use single bay
antennas. There is no need for beam tilt, since the radiation angle is so
wide. And the focused beam of multi bay arrays tends to be jagged, and is
observed to be a contributor to increased multi-path.

I did extensive experimentation with my FMs in Ecuador, which was possible
due to lack of regulation and the fact that we built our own antennas (and
even the towers) locally. In a very mountainous terrain among the Andes, I
found that single bays did the best, and even developed a system to put
several single bays on the same plane with reflectors separating them so we
had 4 bays, at the same height, on a pole, each covering a 90 degree arc. Of
course, we decided to use vertical polarization only, which significantly
reduced multipath, also.

The optimal for cost and efficiency is likely a 2-bay system... unity gain,
and a wide, fairly rounded, beam.

Old May 25th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

[...]

You had no transmitters and owned no stations.

Sorry, 'Eduardo', you'll have to try and con someone else.

Old May 25th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

I just recently gave you the name of a person of enormous recognition and
integrity... the past chairperson of the Pulitzer Prize board and a
30-year
member of the Interamerican Press Association, publisher of a significant
newspaper in Kansas: Edward Seaton.

Until you contact him and ask if I owned radio stations in Ecuador in the
period between 1964 and 1970, you can shut up.

Edward and I were friends while he was in Ecuador on a Fulbright
Scholarship
grant he received after graduating from Harvard. He's been in my
stations,
heard them on the air and knows about them. What better proof could you
want
than someone of such a prominent public profile?

You had no transmitters and owned no stations.

Sorry, 'Eduardo', you'll have to try and con someone else.

So you are admitting you don't want to find out the truth, and that you have
been wrong for all this time?

You are wrong on so much, it does not surprise me.

Old May 25th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

I'm admitting that you'll have to try and con someone else.

Pay attention, 'tard boy.

You are wrong on so much, it does not surprise me.

Lots of things probably surprise you, faux boy.

Old May 26th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Lots of things probably surprise you, faux boy.

Obviously, the truth apparently surprises you...

Old May 26th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Lots of things probably surprise you, faux boy.

Obviously, the truth apparently surprises you...

I just recently gave you the name of a person of enormous recognition and
integrity... the past chairperson of the Pulitzer Prize board and a 30-year
member of the Interamerican Press Association, publisher of a significant
newspaper in Kansas: Edward Seaton.

Until you contact him and ask if I owned radio stations in Ecuador in the
period between 1964 and 1970, you can shut up.

Edward and I were friends while he was in Ecuador on a Fulbright Scholarship
grant he received after graduating from Harvard. He's been in my stations,
heard them on the air and knows about them. What better proof could you want
than someone of such a prominent public profile?

For someone who claims to be a VP at a rather large company, you seem overly
concerned about what I think, 'tard boy!

As I stated earlier, you'll have to try and con someone else.

Good luck, faux boy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 26th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
As I stated earlier, you'll have to try and con someone else.

I just recently gave you the name of a person of enormous recognition and
integrity... the past chairperson of the Pulitzer Prize board and a 30-year
member of the Interamerican Press Association, publisher of a significant
newspaper in Kansas: Edward Seaton.

Until you contact him and ask if I owned radio stations in Ecuador in the
period between 1964 and 1970, you can shut up.

Edward and I were friends while he was in Ecuador on a Fulbright Scholarship
grant he received after graduating from Harvard. He's been in my stations,
heard them on the air and knows about them. What better proof could you want
than someone of such a prominent public profile?

Your con ain't working, 'tard boy!