Old May 23rd 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke

Struble - One of the reasons why your crap digital radio is crashing
and burning is because you have to "approved" it as manufacturer.
Imagine that.

And then you make a big deal about it! As if it's a real big honor to
be "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke.

Ill bet most manufacturers don't want to go through the trouble of
being "approved" by you. (Especially since no one wants it anyway -
why bother) Think about it.

I know it's software and firmware driven but it's still just radio
trashbag. No matter how many tricks it can do it's still essentially
radio.

I "approve" of this message.
Old May 23rd 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 23, 9:57*am, wrote:
Struble - One of the reasons why your crap digital radio is crashing
and burning is because you have to "approved" it as manufacturer.
Imagine that.

And then you make a big deal about it! As if it's a real big honor to
be *"iBiquity approved". *Really, what a joke.

Ill bet most manufacturers don't want to go through the trouble of
being "approved" by you. (Especially since no one wants it anyway -
why bother) Think about it.

I know it's software and firmware driven but it's still just radio
trashbag. *No matter how many tricks it can do it's still essentially
radio.

I "approve" of this message.

Buy another radio for what? to hear the exact same content found on AM/
FM. Plus the coverage isn't great unless, it's a 100,000 watt stick..
Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..
Old May 23rd 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 23, 9:57�am, wrote:
Struble - One of the reasons why your crap digital radio is crashing
and burning is because you have to "approved" it as manufacturer.
Imagine that.

And then you make a big deal about it! As if it's a real big honor to
be �"iBiquity approved". �Really, what a joke.

Ill bet most manufacturers don't want to go through the trouble of
being "approved" by you. (Especially since no one wants it anyway -
why bother) Think about it.

I know it's software and firmware driven but it's still just radio
trashbag. �No matter how many tricks it can do it's still essentially
radio.

I "approve" of this message.

"HD Radio: Still low in priority at stores"

"I visited a Best Buy the other day, and while I was there I stopped
in the auto sound department. He took me to the display wall and
showed me the one unit that had HD Radio built in. It was a model from
JVC. He said that others were HD Radio ready, but they all required an
expensive interface to add HD Radio."

http://tinyurl.com/chb3rg

"Is HD Radio going to be killed by manufacturers' desire to keep it a
premium-priced upgrade?"

"I just embarked on my twice-per-year online shopping trip to see if
it's time to upgrade my car stereo to HD. Saw a sudden shift to car
radios now being 'HD-Ready' instead of HD for a number of radios. This
appears to require the purchase and professional installation of a
separate, compatible unit. Anyone know why this appears to be a sudden
new direction and what this might mean for the future of HD radio?"

http://tinyurl.com/6rbj7y

Most of what iBiquity claims is a bluff - the move is awa from "HD" to
jsut "HD Ready", as manufacturers have been burned. How could iBiquity
have scammed Sanyo? Yea, and these suckers get to pay iBiquity the
right to build IBIQUITY's products, but retailers just then pass the
licensing costs onto consumers:

"RadioShack's Inadequate Accurian"

"Instead of developing a radio capable of superior sound quality, I'm
guessing that RadioShack paid iBiquity a fortune for the license,
cheaply put together a subpar product, and passed the licensing cost
on to consumers."

http://tinyurl.com/qu9zdw

"The ongoing tragedy of HD radio"

"Supposedly, it costs a manufacturer about $50 to implant an iBiquity
HD chip into a radio, thus transforming it into an HD radio. That $50
(or so) is the fee the manufacturer pays to iBiquity. The actual cost
of this technology is, of course, likely to be a few dollars at most."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/10/the-ongoing-tra.html

Bob Struble and his HD Radio are a fraud.
Old May 23rd 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

friend's ipod with commercials wrote:

Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..

Oooh; don't tell these guys:

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....DNumber=264236
Old May 23rd 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 23, 2:03*pm, dave wrote:
friend's ipod with commercials wrote:

Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..

Oooh; don't tell these guys:

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....=FM&tabSearchT....

they know

Old May 24th 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
Struble - One of the reasons why your crap digital radio is crashing
and burning is because you have to "approved" it as manufacturer.
Imagine that.

And then you make a big deal about it! As if it's a real big honor to
be "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke.

Ill bet most manufacturers don't want to go through the trouble of
being "approved" by you. (Especially since no one wants it anyway -
why bother) Think about it.

I know it's software and firmware driven but it's still just radio
trashbag. No matter how many tricks it can do it's still essentially
radio.

I "approve" of this message.

Don't know how much different the "approval" process for IBLOC is from the
old days before superhet became public domain. Back in the day (as late as
the 50's), you had to pay license fees to Hazeltine Research to use a
superhet circuit design.

Old May 24th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
m...
friend's ipod with commercials wrote:

Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..

Oooh; don't tell these guys:

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....DNumber=264236

HAAT of the antenna structure makes a lot more difference than EIRP. With
antenna heights approaching 2000' HAAT, the Portland, OR FM's put a good
stereo signal out to about 20 miles when running only their 10W exciters
(which has been done on a few occasions when mains power was out over a wide
area for an extended time).

Old May 24th 09, 08:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"dave" wrote in message
m...
friend's ipod with commercials wrote:

Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..

Oooh; don't tell these guys:

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....DNumber=264236

HAAT of the antenna structure makes a lot more difference than EIRP.

True to some extent. I was involved with a station in the LA area that had
500 watts at over 1000 feet, HAAT, and about 2000 feet over the LA Basin.
What we had was a bad signal over a very large area, We went off the side
of a mountain, down to to 300 feet at 6 kw, and the ratings with the same
format trippled.

I had to fight some folks who just looked at maps and did not understand how
radio is listened to in order to ram this through.

In this case, power was much more important, as below a certain power level,
height gets coverage without any intensity.

With
antenna heights approaching 2000' HAAT, the Portland, OR FM's put a good
stereo signal out to about 20 miles when running only their 10W exciters
(which has been done on a few occasions when mains power was out over a
wide area for an extended time).

And likely nobody was listening... that is too little power to generate any
audinece.

Old May 24th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
news
With
antenna heights approaching 2000' HAAT, the Portland, OR FM's put a good
stereo signal out to about 20 miles when running only their 10W exciters
(which has been done on a few occasions when mains power was out over a
wide area for an extended time).

And likely nobody was listening... that is too little power to generate
any audinece.

I doubt they lost any significant number of listeners in the metro area,
since all stations at that point were on an equal playing field, and already
had their audiences. I know that at my place on the far east end of the
county I noticed absolutely no difference in signal quality.

Old May 24th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
news
With
antenna heights approaching 2000' HAAT, the Portland, OR FM's put a good
stereo signal out to about 20 miles when running only their 10W exciters
(which has been done on a few occasions when mains power was out over a
wide area for an extended time).

And likely nobody was listening... that is too little power to generate
any audinece.

I doubt they lost any significant number of listeners in the metro area,
since all stations at that point were on an equal playing field, and
already had their audiences. I know that at my place on the far east end
of the county I noticed absolutely no difference in signal quality.

Laws of Physics step in here... the average home or at work listener's
receiver is not sensitive enough to pick up much under a 65 to near 70 dbu
signal, so they weren't listening to anything.