Old May 28th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What is it?

Greetings All!
I was listening last night and heard a station that I was hoping
someone here could ID for me. It was at 4 hrs UTC on 8.765 mgz in
Spanish I presume. My guess is that it was the land of Hugo Chavez by
the sound of it. Let me know if you would. Jon Boy in Upstate South
Carolina.
Old May 28th 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

jon wrote:

Greetings All!
I was listening last night and heard a station that I was hoping
someone here could ID for me. It was at 4 hrs UTC on 8.765 mgz in
Spanish I presume. My guess is that it was the land of Hugo Chavez by
the sound of it. Let me know if you would. Jon Boy in Upstate South
Carolina.

Not certain, but you may have been receiving an "image" due to your receiver.

What are you using, and if you know, what is the IF frequency of your receiver?
(you may have to look in the manual for that).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 28th 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My guess-RHCuba. Comes in fairly loud on the eastern
seaboard lately. They must be using very high power senders since
propagation is very poor most of the time...

Old May 28th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

jon wrote:
Greetings All!
I was listening last night and heard a station that I was hoping
someone here could ID for me. It was at 4 hrs UTC on 8.765 mgz in
Spanish I presume. My guess is that it was the land of Hugo Chavez by
the sound of it. Let me know if you would. Jon Boy in Upstate South
Carolina.

8765 Khz is in the aeronautical bands AFAIK.
Old May 28th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

jon wrote:
Greetings All!
I was listening last night and heard a station that I was hoping
someone here could ID for me. It was at 4 hrs UTC on 8.765 mgz in
Spanish I presume. My guess is that it was the land of Hugo Chavez by
the sound of it. Let me know if you would. Jon Boy in Upstate South
Carolina.

8765 Khz is in the aeronautical bands AFAIK.

Believe it's still maritime.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 29th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

jon wrote:
Greetings All!
I was listening last night and heard a station that I was hoping
someone here could ID for me. It was at 4 hrs UTC on 8.765 mgz in
Spanish I presume. My guess is that it was the land of Hugo Chavez by
the sound of it. Let me know if you would. Jon Boy in Upstate South
Carolina.

8765 Khz is in the aeronautical bands AFAIK.

Believe it's still maritime.

dxAce
Michigan
USA