Old June 6th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT What TV Shows Do You Watch?

On Jun 6, 10:13*am, dave wrote:
BCBlazysusan wrote:
I always wanted to start this thread in here. What are your favorite
television shows? Are there shows you watch that you just can't wait
till they come on the following week? Too make sure you don't miss
them, do you set your DVR maybe?

I don't watch anything other than satire on TV. *Specifically,
Countdown, Daily Show and especially Fox News. *They are a hoot.

I was specifically speaking of "shows" aka entertainment, but I know
what you're saying. ;-) Every now and then I have to escape the
programming so too speak. I don't know if you can classify the
"Deadliest Catch"...."Diners/Drive Inns and Dives/....Ice Road
Truckers" etc. as reality shows...though one may. In all honesty, just
about anything I suppose could be classified as a reality
show....except daily nightly programming.

But I don't watch what I call reality programming aka American Idol -
Survivor - Big Brother. etc. not that they aren't good shows, I am
sure they are but it's just not my bag. The closest thing I watch to
the definition of "reality shows" I suppose is TUF on Spike TV. If
you're not familiar with it, it stands for "The Ultimate Fighter"....a
house full of guys fighting for a six figure contract at the end. I
enjoy it because I trained in the disciplines "when it wasn't cool"
and no one knew what it meant back in the day. It's come a long way.