Old June 11th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Redsun RP2100: SSB Add-on/DRM Questions

A couple of questions regarding the Redsun RP2100 (aka, Kaito KA2100)

Does anyone have any opinion on the SSB clarifier that is sold as an
add-on to the RP2100? I'd also be interested in any info on cost and
where to order one.

Does anyone know where to download software to decode DRM using the
soundcard on a computer?

Mike
(One day to vacation!!!)

Old June 14th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:36:26 UTC, Mike wrote:

A couple of questions regarding the Redsun RP2100 (aka, Kaito KA2100)

Does anyone have any opinion on the SSB clarifier that is sold as an
add-on to the RP2100? I'd also be interested in any info on cost and
where to order one.

Does anyone know where to download software to decode DRM using the
soundcard on a computer?

Mike
(One day to vacation!!!)

Mike,
I have the CCrane version of the RP2100(on the advice of John Plimmer)
and I did not know that there was ever an add on device! Is it an
internal mod? External connection? Where would it be connected?
Don't use it much, too busy with my Hammarlund HQ-145XC! When I do
use it, it is fantastic on BCB, which is only what I listen to
anymore.

"What do you mean there's no movie?"
Old June 14th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 14, 10:47�am,

Mike,
I have the CCrane version of the RP2100(on the advice of John Plimmer)
and I did not know that there was ever an add on device! �Is it an
internal mod? �External connection? �Where would it be connected? �
Don't use it much, too busy with my Hammarlund HQ-145XC! �When I do
use it, it is fantastic on BCB, which is only what I listen to
anymore.

On the back of the RP2100 and KA2100 (not sure about CCR) there is a
jack that connects directly to the IF. That's where the SSB add-on
connects. You can also run a line to a computer and decode digital
modes, including DRM.

The SSB add-on costs about $37 and can be purchased off of eBay. I
love this portable and I'm really thinking about orderering the
external BFO.

Mike

How do you fix the Redsun RP2100? mpd Shortwave 22 January 18th 07 03:14 PM
Redsun RP2100 more John Plimmer Shortwave 9 September 1st 06 04:18 AM
Redsun RP2100 Mark Shortwave 1 August 16th 06 04:13 AM
Redsun RP2100 RHF Shortwave 0 August 16th 06 03:01 AM