Old June 13th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ANYONE HAVE THE CCRADIO-2 YET?

I'm anxious to hear what people think of the new CCRadio-2. The radio
has been available long enough now for a few people to have received
it. I want to know how MW reception compares with the CCRadio Plus.
Old June 14th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Herculodge -website- Exposing the Best and Worst in TV, Radio, Booksand Music

On Jun 14, 3:42*am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Jun 13, 3:49*pm, "~ RHF" wrote:

On Jun 13, 10:56*am, Gary wrote:

i I'm anxious to hear what people think of
- the new CCRadio-2.
-*The radio has been available long enough
- now for a few people to have received it.
-*I want to know how MW reception compares
- with the CCRadio Plus.

CC Radio "2" [CCR2] AM & FM + WX & 2m Ham Bandhttp://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-radios/ccradio-2.aspxhttp://www.un...

NOTE - It features a brighter, clearer LCD display
with a full backlight and three levels of adjustable
brightness plus an "off " setting.
* Five years ago we made changes to the durability of
our CCRadio LCD display that have proven to be robust.
HEY - Sangean and Crane finally 'fixed' the CCRadio's
defective {black-blank} LCD Display that's 'good'.

CCRadio2 -image-http://www.ccrane.com/ZoomImagePopUp.aspx?ProdId=7825

C.Crane Rep Announces the CC Radio 2 for 2009http://herculodge.typepad.com/herculodge/2009/02/ccrane-rep-announces...

Barry's Review of the CCRadio-2http://herculodge.typepad.com/herculodge/2009/06/barrys-review-of-the...
*.
OBTW a 'new' AM & FM Radio for 2009 at $150
and 'no' FM HD-Radio [IBOC] "HD2" Channels.
*.
FWIW - The new Grundig "G3" Radio at the same
price-point with AM-Sync and FM plus Shortwave
may be the better 2009 Radio for the buck.http://swling.com/blog/?tag=grundig-...sal-radio.com/...
+ Add a Small AM/MW Loop Antenna with the
Antenna and Loop placed on a Lazy Susan
and you should have an outstanding AM/MW
Radio Receiver Combo -imho- ~ RHF
* Grundig {Eton} AN200 AM Indoor Antennahttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/c80b4b27a3863ffd
* Your AM/MW Radio plus AM/MW Loop Antenna :
Three Ways to Use Them Togetherhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio..shortwave/msg/46fb9c2d38f1c5...
* Consider these AM/MW Antenna "Choices"
for better AM Medium Wave Radio Receptionhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/cd30fc6a512330be
*.
hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
*.

- That Herculodge Site is a great review site.
- Very informative site and it makes for some
- good reading IMO. Thanks for the link. :-)

Herculodge -website-
Exposing the Best and Worst in TV, Radio, Books and Music
http://herculodge.typepad.com/herculodge/
* Good Radio Reviews