Old July 28th 09, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Loop - Longwire Question

I had someone ask me this question
yesterday and I wasn't for sure if I had
the right answer or not.

The question was, if you are using a
loop antenna for the BCB bands and your
loop has a couple screws on it, can you
run a longire directly to the loop itself?

My answer was - "Well, sure, there's no law against it."

But if your loop has two terminals, as two
of my four do, the one is for ground and the other is to directly
couple the loop to
your recevier, would any purpose be served running a longwire to the
terminal
opposite the ground?

I guess I should know that answer, but I
had never had that asked to me before.
Old July 28th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 28, 4:10*am, Gregg wrote:
I had someone ask me this question
yesterday and I wasn't for sure if I had
the right answer or not.

The question was, if you are using a
loop antenna for the BCB bands and your
loop has a couple screws on it, can you
run a longire directly to the loop itself?

My answer was - "Well, sure, there's no law against it."

But if your loop has two terminals, as two
of my four do, the one is for ground and the other is to directly
couple the loop to
your recevier, would any purpose be served running a longwire to the
terminal
opposite the ground?

I guess I should know that answer, but I
had never had that asked to me before.

Is it a Vertical or a Horizontal Loop Antenna ?

SkyWire Loop Antenna [Was: Wire loop.] Question RHF Shortwave 0 September 21st 05 10:15 AM
Longwire question test Shortwave 19 March 1st 05 02:29 AM
longwire attachment question mw Antenna 9 January 28th 05 02:52 AM
Longwire question RHF Shortwave 0 August 10th 04 10:04 AM
Question, Longwire Burr Shortwave 3 December 28th 03 03:22 AM