Old August 3rd 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good Bye

First, let me apologize to Steve Lare and the guys from rec.knives for
anything I've done that's made them so mad. I really just came in here
because I love shortwave radio. I didn't come in here to make
fanatical enemies.

It seems that no matter what I do, it inflames some people because I
simply post shortwave logs. Even posting logs is seen as part of my
evil plan to ruin the newsgroup.

I'm gone. Last time I went, I was gone for two years. From 2005 to
2007. That can be checked in the archives. This time I won't be back.
It's your newsgroup, guys, do whatever you want.

Again, I admit my responsibility in fanning the flames and I'm too
tired to dodge the knives anymore. I sincerely apologize to all
involved, and will leave. As a matter of fact, I'll be turning off
this AOL address within the next few days.

I'll miss many folks in here, even some that I grew to respect though
often disagreeing with them.

Good-bye and good reception,

Mike
Old August 3rd 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 7:38*am, Mike wrote:
First, let me apologize to Steve Lare and the guys from rec.knives for
anything I've done that's made them so mad. I really just came in here
because I love shortwave radio.

Then why didn't you stick to that?

I didn't come in here to make
fanatical enemies.

Yes you did. You knew EXACTLY what you were and are still doing.

It seems that no matter what I do, it inflames some people because I
simply post shortwave logs.

Oh my God. You are a freeking trip. No one gets "inflamed" because you
post logs and you know
it.

I'm gone. Last time I went, I was gone for two years. From 2005 to
2007. That can be checked in the archives. This time I won't be back.

Whatever Mike. I still don't believe you.

It's your newsgroup, guys, do whatever you want.

Thank you. Oh Lord, thank you. long exhale

Again, I admit my responsibility in fanning the flames and I'm too
tired to dodge the knives anymore.

At least you fessed up.

I'll miss many folks in here, even some that I grew to respect though
often disagreeing with them.

Good-bye and good reception,

You also. longer exhale
Now lets watch closely, VERY closely for a "new"
member in the future.

Why couldn't he have just not been a troublemaker
to begin with.shaking my head
Old August 3rd 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Aug 3, 7:38 am, Mike wrote:
First, let me apologize to Steve Lare and the guys from rec.knives for
anything I've done that's made them so mad. I really just came in here
because I love shortwave radio.

Then why didn't you stick to that?

I didn't come in here to make
fanatical enemies.

Yes you did. You knew EXACTLY what you were and are still doing.

It seems that no matter what I do, it inflames some people because I
simply post shortwave logs.

Oh my God. You are a freeking trip. No one gets "inflamed" because you
post logs and you know
it.

I'm gone. Last time I went, I was gone for two years. From 2005 to
2007. That can be checked in the archives. This time I won't be back.

Whatever Mike. I still don't believe you.

We'll await his return in 2011 or so.

Hopefully propagation will be better by then.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

239 countries heard and 224 QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) using the
NASWA Country List.

And, as always, don't let your children attend the Sullivan College of
Technology & Design.

They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD and lied about
being arrested, and who knows, there may be more dufi there.

Old August 3rd 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 8:28*am, dxAce wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:38 am, Mike wrote:
[...]

being arrested, and who knows, there may be more dufi there.- Hide quoted text -

You think? Are you going to change your
sig now Steve? ;-)

Old August 3rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Aug 3, 8:28 am, dxAce wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:38 am, Mike wrote:
[...]

I have no plans to change it at the present time.

Old August 3rd 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

:::::looking around the room::::

What's all the smoke in here?

Old August 3rd 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 8:42*am, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
* :::::looking around the room::::

* * What's all the smoke in here?

Peter,
Sorry if you walked into the bar room and smelled
gun powder. It's a long story and I really don't feel
like typing out everything over the last three days.

Just check the archives, but pay attention to the dates to keep it all
straight. Many new characters
entered the fray so too speak, it makes for some interesting reading.

Sorry about the questions and confusion.

Old August 3rd 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 8:41*am, dxAce wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Aug 3, 8:28 am, dxAce wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:38 am, Mike wrote:
[...]

Steve, I will just ask you this one time.

Do you feel I got carried away in any way at all
or went too far in these last three days when it
came to Bryant?

I won't take it personal if you say "maybe"....
Just curious on your take and I won't ask again.