Old August 6th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To Call It "TheShack"

RadioShack would like you to call it 'The Shack'

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advert...dioshack_N.htm

The 'Celfone' Shack
The 'HDTV' Shack
The 'Wireless' Shack
The 'Pod' Shack

RadioShack to launch new ad campaign for 'The Shack'
and will focus on mobile, wireless offerings -cause-
Nobody listens to the Radio anymore . . .
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/RadioS....html?x=0&.v=1
Old August 7th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Good riddance.

Tandy ruined the once proud term "radio shack" by naming their chain of
stores selling
trinkets and low-quality consumer junk after the 70s. When RS was a real
electronics
store based in Boston they were great but that was in the 50s and 60s. Tandy
really ruined it.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks are
imbeciles.
The products, inferior. Anything you ask them for is met with a dumbfounded
look.
They'd be better suited to wearing vests and greeting customers with
"welcome to Radio Shack...
would you like to try a bloomin' onion or start out with an appetizer?"

Maybe the bruised term "radio shack" can now begin its healing process and
be used again
with a semblance of respect.

Old August 7th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 08/07/09 10:15 , SX-25 wrote:
Good riddance.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks
are imbeciles.

"Welcome to Radio Shack. Can I help you?"

"Yes, see that empty space over by that Verizon display?"

"Yeah?"

"Go stand there until my car has left the parking lot."

Old August 7th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallI...

Didn't Radio Shack used to be called Allied Radio? I have an old 1955
Allied Radio catalog here, it is in Good condition.In Limeyland, Radio
Shack stores are called Tandy.

Also, in Limeyland, Gunsmoke (the old tv movies) is called Gun Law.
cuhulin

Old August 7th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 08/07/09 10:15 , SX-25 wrote:
Good riddance.

Since then I have done most anything to avoid going in one. The clerks
are imbeciles.

"Welcome to Radio Shack. Can I help you?"

"Yes, see that empty space over by that Verizon display?"

"Yeah?"

"Go stand there until my car has left the parking lot."

"But sir, if I do that, it will be difficult to sell you one of these
overpriced TracFone®s or this cheap Chinese made voice recorder *pushes
playback button and you hear something that sounds like a drunken Max
Headroom*"

Old August 8th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallIt...

Free door handles/door knobs?
cuhulin

Old August 14th 09, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advert...s-rebrand-radi...

The 'Celfone' Shack
The 'HDTV' Shack
The 'Wireless' Shack
The 'Pod' Shack

RadioShack to launch new ad campaign for 'The Shack'
and will focus on mobile, wireless offerings -cause-
Nobody listens to the Radio anymore . . .http://finance.yahoo.com/news/RadioS...d-apf-33873085...
*.
omg - i'm having a 'the shack' attack ~ RHF
*.

There it was on the TV "The Shack"
http://www.radioshack.com/home/index.jsp
Old August 14th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.
omg - i'm having a 'the shack' attack ~ RHF
.

There it was on the TV "The Shack"
http://www.radioshack.com/home/index.jsp
.

One advantage of living near a world class city is access to Fry's
Electronics.
Old August 14th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Battery Shack.

Need batteries with that?

I haven't been to a Radio Shack store in years.
Just across Highway 80 from doggy's couch is Metrocenter Mall, there is
a Radio Shack store in that mall.About a mile and a half South of
doggy's couch is another Radio Shack store in that strip mall next door
to the Wal Mart store.(the GNC store is in that strip mall, that's where
I buy my Estrogen capsules) There are some more Radio Shack stores in
the Jackson area too.Lets me look em up in my phone book,,,,
I counted seven Radio Shack stores listed in my phone book.
cuhulin