Old August 10th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default All India Radio - Kohima, etc.

Hello Friends,

In connection with the Indian Independence day on August 15, The President of
India, Mrs. Pratibha Devisingh Patil will be broadcsting to the nation at
1330 UTC (7,00 PM IST) on 14 August 2009. All stations of AIR will relay it on
MW SW & FM. The AIR regional SW stations will be on 4 MHz band then.

For detailed AIR SW sked visit : http://www.qsl.net/vu2jos/sw/freq.htm

Look out for the rare AIR station in Kohima on 4850 on 14 & 15 August, 2009 as
follows:

14 Aug 2009 1000-1600 UTC approx
15 Aug 2009 0000-0415 UTC approx

AIR Kohima is heard now a days only on such special occasions like
Independence Day August 15 & Republic Day January 26 and has been heard even
by listeners in USA.

To view QSL received from their New Delhi office please click:

http://www.qsl.net/vu2jos/qsls/Kohima.jpg

(via Jose Jacob, VU2JOS, dx_india)
=======================================

Propagation will probably not be favourable here, but those in other locales
may have some luck with Kohima.

Heard here back in January on Republic Day, and I've just recently sent off a
follow-up report for both Kohima and Guwahati (4940)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 10th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce"
dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice post Steve

Burr
The Philippines

As Always, don't come here,
Just send money

Old August 10th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Propagation will probably not be favourable here, but those in other locales
may have some luck with Kohima.

Heard here back in January on Republic Day, and I've just recently sent off a
follow-up report for both Kohima and Guwahati (4940)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You spell like a Canadian.
Old August 10th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How's my spellin?
I blame all of my typos on my four legged dishwasher.

Cash for clunkers, cash for dishwashers.
cuhulin

Old August 11th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

[...]

I've been collecting cards for various AIR transmitter sites and currently have
the following:

Shillong 3255
Port Blair 4760
Madras 15335
Aligarh 15080
Delhi 11620
Panaji 11740
Gangtok 3390
Srinagar 4950
Bangalore 11620
Thiruvananthapuram (whew!) 5010

Hopefully a couple more come Republic Day in January, propagation permitting.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 11th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce"

I've been collecting cards for various AIR transmitter sites and currently
have
the following:

Shillong 3255
Port Blair 4760
Madras 15335
Aligarh 15080
Delhi 11620
Panaji 11740
Gangtok 3390
Srinagar 4950
Bangalore 11620
Thiruvananthapuram (whew!) 5010

Hopefully a couple more come Republic Day in January, propagation
permitting.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You're doing good Steve

All India Radio - QSL dxAce Shortwave 13 March 15th 06 05:31 AM
All India Radio (AIR) on 9.425 MHz via Bangalore, India RHF Shortwave 0 October 21st 05 06:13 AM
All India Radio dxAce Shortwave 0 April 15th 05 04:34 PM
All India Radio A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 25th 04 06:18 PM
All India Radio yazoo63 Shortwave 2 August 21st 03 11:44 PM