Old August 18th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Early Morning Vegas DX

A Night in Tokyo

It's 0030 PDT Monday in Las Vegas when I decide to surf the shortwave
frequencies. I'm what you might call a music junkie so I was in for an
early morning musical treat. I happened upon a number of Japanese
broadcasts that made for a pleasant evening of SWL. Given the fact
that it's usually the Japanese that visit Las Vegas, I was quite happy
to return the favor and immerse myself in Japan's rich culture via
world band radio.

Monday 17.08.09 (0730-0900 UTC)

6060 RADIO HABANA CUBA at 0730 English, Prgm "Mailbag." OM host. F-G
signal.
6145 RADIO JAPAN at 0738 Japanese, Music Prgm. Unusual in that YL
played three versions of "(Talking About) The Boy From New York City."
G Signal.
9580 RADIO AUSTRALIA at 0807 English, YL reporting Nx. VG signal.
9595 RADIO NIKKEI (JAPAN) at 0812 Japanese, YL & OM Ancr. F-G signal.
9750 RADIO JAPAN at 0815 Japanese, Easy listening music being played.
G signal.
9825 RADIO JAPAN at 0815 Japanese, YL hosting. Hrd jazzy bossa nova
number... More jazz sounds incl "The Girl From Ipanema." Nx in English
at 0900. VG signal.

Richard Bianchino, Las Vegas, NV USA, Kaito KA1103, 32' longwire
indoor antenna.

Early Morning Logs - 1 Jan 2009 Mike[_2_] Shortwave 0 January 1st 09 07:36 AM
Early Morning Logs - Dec. 21 Mike[_2_] Shortwave 2 December 22nd 08 12:11 AM
Early Morning Logs RHF Shortwave 0 June 15th 07 02:20 AM
Early Morning Logs Mark Zenier Shortwave 0 June 12th 07 05:17 PM
Reception this early morning good and late morning to 20:15 UTC poor. Telamon Shortwave 3 May 8th 05 11:43 PM