Old September 4th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) P-38 Can Opener.

On Sep 4, 6:50*am, dave wrote:
dxAce wrote:

wrote:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=272474

I still have my old P-38 can opener.It is on the little chain my Dog
Tags are on.I don't tote that stuff around with me though, because I
don't tote.That chain used to grab on to my neck hairs, so I toted that
stuff in my wallet.

Still use mine to open cans all the time.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have a Swing-a-Way with a big crank screwed to the wall.

- I don't get the "minimalist" angle; who backpacks with cans?
-
- http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page52.shtml

Someone with a Wagon and a Team of Mules
or Someone Riding a Horse may be ~ RHF
Old September 5th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have quite a few regular non Military can openers in one of my kitchen
drawers.The one I use every day is a Miracle Roll, (name on it says,
Miracle Roll 891) it is a short can opener and the part that pivots can
be use for a bottle opener.It is the Bestest can opener I have ever used
before.Some of my old can openers are antiques, but I don't use them.

www.devilfinder.com
Collectible Can Openers
cuhulin, the can opener

Old September 5th 09, 04:55 AM
Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushcraftgregg View Post
On Sep 3, 11:35*pm, wrote:
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=272474

I still have my old P-38 can opener.It is on the little chain my Dog
Tags are on.I don't tote that stuff around with me though, because I
don't tote.That chain used to grab on to my neck hairs, so I toted that
stuff in my wallet.
cuhulin

Yeah Cuhlin, I have the big and smaller one.
I have about eight little 'tools' I carry on a
airplane mechanics cable on my carabiner.

It's funny how useful those little tools have been
for me over the years. This is the website, pretty
good company, cheap prices, you never know
when you'll need something like what they carry.

http://countycomm.com/index1.htm
Check them out, you'll enjoy the videos.:-)
This is a shortwave radio forum so it's not like any one really cares about that crap!!
N9ZAS
Old September 5th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 4, 3:06*am, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=272474

I still have my old P-38 can opener.It is on the little chain my Dog
Tags are on.I don't tote that stuff around with me though, because I
don't tote.That chain used to grab on to my neck hairs, so I toted that
stuff in my wallet.

Still use mine to open cans all the time.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I use to keep mine on my keychain. The dang thing got confiscated
going through the TSA checkpoint at the airport a few years back.

Old September 6th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What did U.S.Troops use to open cans in World War One, and other Wars
before that? Do you remember some food cans had a little winding key/can
opener on top of the can and you used that to unwind a little strip of
narrow metal near the top of the can to get it open?
www.qmfound.com/army_subsistence_history.htm

Our Troops Deserve the Best.
cuhulin

Old September 6th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I keeps an old pocket knife in that plastic five gallon bucket that I
have some of my old tools in when I am workin on my old trailer.When my
pencil gets too dull or the lead breaks from marking lines on the wood
where I need to cut the wood, I use that knife to sharpen my pencil.When
I was a kid in school, sometimes I would tote a pocket knife to sharpen
my pencil if I didn't feel like gittin up and goin to the pencil
sharpener.I used to tote a cigarette lighter too, to school.I used to
click it on while it was in my pocket.It's a wonder I didn't set my
pants on fire.I used to tote pocket change and jingle it in my
pocket.When I go to the stores, if I have any pocket change when I gits
back home, I puts that pocket change in a canvas bag hangin on one of
the drawer knobs in my kitchen.There is probally eighty dollars or more,
at least in that canvas bag right now.I don'ts even wear a wris****ch
any more.Toteing is for the Birds! I just don't likes to tote anything
anymore.

I am sleepy, goin to bed.Move over doggy.You wants a cookie?
WOO WOO WOOF!
cuhulin

Old September 6th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 5, 8:28*pm, wrote:
[...]

Hey Larry, you're being impersonated over at your old hang out,
Phildo's hauntLOL.
Old September 6th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tell them thar people folks in the WebTV computer newsgroper groups,
Blueberry doggy (I has to call her BlueberryBelle for that married Irish
woman wayyyyyyy over yonder across the big pond) and I says,,,
Y'all, Be Happy!

San Francisco Bay Bridge is shut down.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=272677
cuhulin

Garage Door Opener RF bassman71 Scanner 0 March 18th 07 12:20 PM
Sears Garage door Opener for Daphne Caveat Lector Swap 0 February 22nd 07 03:22 PM
Sears Garage Door Opener 61LM or 63LM Caveat Lector Swap 0 February 22nd 07 03:20 PM
Door opener Rich Swap 13 April 7th 04 10:04 AM
door opener Rich Swap 4 March 29th 04 09:06 AM