Old September 15th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Where

can I buy an electronic hand held device that will Definetly drive away
stray dogs? Something which has a range of at least 100 to 150 feet.Do
you know of such a device which Really and Truly Works? And about how
much money do they cost?
cuhulin

Old September 15th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jackson Animal Control, they are WORTHLESS!!! I have phoned them several
times before, so have at least two other people who live on this street,
they have phoned them too.WORTHLESS!!! Jackson Animal Control people
didn't come over here to pick up any stray dogs.I never, but Never take
my dog outside unless I have the dog leash snapped onto her collar.

I want to buy an electronic hand held device which I can aim at stray
dogs and make them run away, BIG Time!

This morning, I was cleaning out a small electric solid state
refrigerator (I bought it this morning at the Goodwill store) in my back
yard.I stepped into a big pile of stray dog dog poop.My little doggy
only poops in my front yard out there near the street.
cuhulin

Old September 15th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Jackson Animal Control, they are WORTHLESS!!! I have phoned them several
times before, so have at least two other people who live on this street,
they have phoned them too.WORTHLESS!!! Jackson Animal Control people
didn't come over here to pick up any stray dogs.I never, but Never take
my dog outside unless I have the dog leash snapped onto her collar.

I want to buy an electronic hand held device which I can aim at stray
dogs and make them run away, BIG Time!

Steve recommended a pellet gun. Or better, yet, a firearm. I
don't recommend firearm discharge in a residential area, except in
the gravest extreme. A pellet gun, however is a better and less
politically charged choice.

You can get a pellet gun chambered in .177, which is a bit small
for the target you have in mind, .22, which will get you where you
need to go, and 9mm. The 9mm's require some serious pressure to
throw them downrange with any accuracy. You pressurize them from a
SCUBA tank, or the equivalent. Bitchin' cool shooting.

A .22 is a more practical choice. Get a decent rifle. With a
side lever, as opposed to a break barrel. RWS makes some very nice
air rifles in .22. Not cheap, worth every penny. Other makes of note
include Walther, and some Crossman PCP models. You're looking for
something that will launch with a 1000fps or better muzzle velocity.

There is a new type of firing system that uses a compressed air
column as a spring. Two advantages, here. Low maintenance. The
spring doesn't ever take a 'set.' And the tension can be adjusted to
need. These can throw a .22 pellet at 1200fps and more.

Pellet, for this target, should be heavy. You can find quality
pellets at 11 grains or more. And there are now teflon coated hollow
point pellets. Teflon coating delivers another 100-200fps at the
muzzle...enough for the pellet to go supersonic...and the hollow
point can open on impact to nearly 40 calibre.

I've got coyotes here. They generally don't leave the property
under their own steam.

In a pistol, a Beeman P1 Magnum is very good for varmint
control. .22 or .177. A well placed .177 from a Beeman can drop a
raccoon where it stands.

This said, if you're not in a residential area, a Glock shoots
to point of aim, holds 17 in the box with one in the hole and fits
the hand like you were borne with it.

Old September 15th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I won't do any physical harm to any of God's four legged creatures.I
have an old Buckeye wooden box.I might wire tie a few boards to it and
use a long string tied to a stick and trap those stray dogs, there are
two of them.I can take them to one of the animal shelters around here
that doesn't put dogs to sleep.

I placedddddd a rang uponnnn her fangerrrr onnnnn her left honnnnd,,,,,
the onnnne she said she would savvvvve forrreverrrrr is gonnnne from the
otherrrrrr honnnnnnd,,,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old September 15th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

wrote:

[...]

How about a paint ball gun dialed up to the max? That has to hurt and
the offenders are tagged for animal control.

Bill Baka

Old September 15th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/15/09 15:44 , Bill Baka wrote:

How about a paint ball gun dialed up to the max? That has to hurt and
the offenders are tagged for animal control.

Bill Baka

You're no fun.

I am very good with my Glock but it is just a bit too noisy to shoot in
a residential area. Same with my 18 shot semi-automatic .22 rifle.
Maybe if I froze my paint balls?

Bill Baka
Old September 15th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/15/09 16:00 , Bill Baka wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/15/09 15:44 , Bill Baka wrote:

How about a paint ball gun dialed up to the max? That has to hurt and
the offenders are tagged for animal control.

Bill Baka

You're no fun.

I am very good with my Glock but it is just a bit too noisy to shoot in
a residential area. Same with my 18 shot semi-automatic .22 rifle.
Maybe if I froze my paint balls?

Now THAT's an interesting idea. May not be fast enough to do much
damage, but a head shot will likely knock a stray cold.