Old September 19th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Panadapter mode ?

Hi,

Guess this really dates me, but saw a reference to a

"panadapter mode"

What is a, "panadapter" please ?

I did a Google on it, but still unclear.

Thanks,
B.
Old September 19th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In message , Robert11
writes
Hi,

Guess this really dates me, but saw a reference to a

"panadapter mode"

What is a, "panadapter" please ?

I did a Google on it, but still unclear.

Thanks,
B.

The original Panadapter (in the 1950, I believe) was an add-on device
which performed the functions of a spectrum analyser, displaying the
band occupancy either side of the receiver centre frequency. The
frequency span was rather limited.

From a quick Google, it appears that the term has been adopted for the
spectrum display in modern receivers (especially digital).
--
Ian
Old September 19th 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Robert11
writes
Hi,

Guess this really dates me, but saw a reference to a

"panadapter mode"

What is a, "panadapter" please ?

I did a Google on it, but still unclear.

Thanks,
B.

The original Panadapter (in the 1950, I believe) was an add-on device
which performed the functions of a spectrum analyser, displaying the
band occupancy either side of the receiver centre frequency. The
frequency span was rather limited.

From a quick Google, it appears that the term has been adopted for the
spectrum display in modern receivers (especially digital).

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...r2=sfp&iscqry=
Old September 19th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Robert11
writes
Hi,

Guess this really dates me, but saw a reference to a

"panadapter mode"

What is a, "panadapter" please ?

I did a Google on it, but still unclear.

Thanks,
B.

The original Panadapter (in the 1950, I believe) was an add-on device
which performed the functions of a spectrum analyser, displaying the
band occupancy either side of the receiver centre frequency. The
frequency span was rather limited.

From a quick Google, it appears that the term has been adopted for
the spectrum display in modern receivers (especially digital).

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...r2=sfp&iscqry=

Search as thus: sdr panadapter

Panadapter cullen Boatanchors 1 October 31st 08 02:58 AM
BJT MIXER QUESTION: should it be used as non-llinear mode or switching mode? e2 Homebrew 4 April 1st 06 05:45 AM
FA: All New listings, Tram Titan & CB's, Drake Tuner, rare SB-620 panadapter & More! cooltube Equipment 0 July 12th 05 02:43 PM
FA: All New listings, Tram Titan & CB's, Drake Tuner, rare SB-620 panadapter & More! cooltube CB 0 July 12th 05 02:43 PM
FA: All New listings, Tram Titan & CB's, Drake Tuner, rare SB-620 panadapter & More! cooltube Shortwave 0 July 12th 05 02:43 PM