Old October 16th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

On Oct 14, 11:12�pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
John Higdon wrote:

The public is not interested. The big push several years ago was to
"educate the public" about HD Radio. Well, the public is not only
educated now, but has post-graduate degrees. The public is willfully
ignoring HD Radio.

Maybe they're waiting for the prices to drop,
that's what got me to buy one, and now that I have it,
for the most part I like it. If HD goes away I'll still have a nice
table radio that can be controlled with a remote.
As much couldn't be said about the AM stereo RCVR
I had back in the day, and have long since gotten rid of.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

"Are you waiting in line for your HD radio?"

"If you lower the price enough, folks will buy the radio. That's the
belief about HD radio that is being stoked in our industry. And, of
course, it's wrong."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/11/are_you_waiting.html
Old October 16th 09, 09:13 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

On Oct 15, 1:00*pm, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:
"John Higdon" wrote in message

In article
,
RHF wrote:

HD-2 FM Radio Channels and a 2nd Income Stream
for FM Radio Stations.

Name a station making a dime off the HD-2 channel. Just name one.

CBS is running infomercials on some of their HD-3 streams....making not a
lot of money...but some.

There are HD-2's in NY that are leased to foreign language broadcasters.

Many small constituancy groups would lease an HD-2 channel if they could.

Most stations ahve chosen NOT to have comemrcials on their HD2 stream.

I know a local group that would raise funds to lease an HD2 channel so they
can put EWTN on it (This I don't understand!)

But there are people a few dimes off their HD2 channels.

"REGENT COMMUNICATIONS, INC."

"We are currently broadcasting 24 FM stations and two AM stations in
digital, or high definition radio (HD Radio)... The economic benefit,
if any, to our stations that have converted to HD Radio currently
cannot be measured. Any future economic benefit to our stations as a
result of digital conversion is not known at this time."

http://tinyurl.com/nw9ts6

"Saga Communications, Inc."

"We also continue the rollout of HD Radio™... It is unclear what
impact HD Radio will have on the industry and our revenue as the
availability of HD receivers, particularly in automobiles, is not
widely available."

http://tinyurl.com/m5cs7l

"EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION"

"We currently utilize HD Radio® digital technology on most of our FM
stations. It is unclear what impact HD Radio® will have on the markets
in which we operate."

http://tinyurl.com/kkgd7j
Old October 16th 09, 09:31 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : FM HD-Radio - The Trend-to-Watch - Money Making HD-2Channels

On Oct 15, 6:02*am, dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Oct 15, 2:14 am, John Higdon wrote:
In article
,

- - RHF wrote:
- - HD-2 FM Radio Channels and a 2nd Income
- - Stream for FM Radio Stations.

- Name a station making a dime off the HD-2 channel.
- Just name one.

HumDesi : South Asian Radio {WorldBand Media}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HumDesi
New York Metro - WRKS FM via HD-2
Los Angeles Metro - KPWR FM via HD-3
Chicago Metro - WLUP FM via HD-3
SF-Bay Area {San Jose} - KEZR FM via HD-2
Washington DC Metro - WTOP FM via HD-2

Oops - That's More Than One and Someone
must be Paying these FM HD-Radio Stations
to run this HD-2/3 Programming.

-ps- hope these fm stations are making more
than a 'dime' for the air-time ;;--}} ~ RHF

-that-something-extra-
Dallas Cowboys Radio -via- The Fan [KRLD-FM]
with HD-2 and HD-3 Sports Channels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRLD-FM
*.

- HD Radio has been around for seven years.
- Seven years!
- Where's the revolution?

Mostly Radio has been evolutionary in both
Programming and Technology.

- As I said, the public has spoken.

You Said What ? and who is listening . . .

Around 2015 the American Public will have "Spoken"
as to whether Radio Listeners have Adapted to FM
HD-Radio and it's HD-2 Channels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio
+ 1 Couple with the Fact that the FCC is United
behind the move to FM HD-Radio = Tax $$$
+ 2 Couple with the Fact that the Broadcast
Industry {Corporate Media} is also United
behind the move to FM HD-Radio = Income $$$

- --
- John Higdon
- +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
- AT&T-Free At Last

jh - remember it's 'radio' so just listen and enjoy ~ RHF
*.

- I've made a lot of money selling SCAs to ethnic groups.
-*Great penetration in Circle K markets.

SCA = Subsidiary Communications Authorization
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/subcarriers/
http://www.radiosca.com/sca-radio.html
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/radio/sca.html

Every HD-Radio is Second Audio Channel [HD-2]
'capable' for each and every FM HD-Radio Station
-and- Each and Every FM HD-Radio Station is
a 'potential' Second Audio Channel [HD-2] Broadcaster.
-plus- Each and Every Second Audio Channel
[HD-2] is a potential Second Income Stream for
FM HD-Radio Stations.

=IF= SCA was a good idea : Then HD-2 is a Better Idea.

idtars ~ RHF
Old October 16th 09, 09:37 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 15, 5:42*am, dave wrote:
~ RHF wrote:

D'Oh ! Dave "Local Communities" do not apply
for Commercial Radio Station Licenses :
Individuals and Corporations do.
*.

- You're about to get a wakeup call.

Obama-Media-Circles© will be telling us
what can be broadcast and
what we can listen-to ~ RHF
Old October 16th 09, 09:46 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 15, 9:45*am, SMS wrote:
John Higdon wrote:
In article
,
*RHF wrote:

HD-2 FM Radio Channels and a 2nd Income Stream
for FM Radio Stations.

Name a station making a dime off the HD-2 channel. Just name one.

HD Radio has been around for seven years. Seven years! Where's the
revolution?

As I said, the public has spoken.

Not really. Few consumers were willing to pay extra for the HD equipment
* but now HD radio is becoming more and more common as a standard
feature on factory audio systems and even on low-end after-market
systems.

- Once the installed base reaches critical mass
- then more stations will add HD.

That would be somewhere around 2015 . . .
IBOC : FM HD-Radio :
The Trend-to-Watch - Money Making HD-2 Channels
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...08ec3b49d272f2

Yeah once Audio Content Consumers
-aka- Radio Listeners
Find an FM HD-2 Channel or two on their Car/Truck
HD-Radio they will start looking for an HD-Radio
for their Home and Office.

There are many 'paths' to the Public's Acceptance
of, and Adaption to, FM HD-Radio as their everyday
Audio {Radio} "Fix". ~ RHF

I just got a replacement receiver for my SUV. It has HD built in (as
well as iPod controls and Bluetooth built in) and there was no version
without HD available, and was very inexpensive. There are still many
receivers where HD is "optional" but more and more it's just being
thrown in as a standard feature because the added cost is trivial (and
because the equipment manufacturers are giving up on their original
model of requiring a relatively expensive add-on kit because almost no
one bought it because there was so little content available).

FM radio was around for more than 30 years before automobile
manufactures switched from AM radios to AM/FM radios as the standard
factory audio system (IIRC it was in the mid 1970's). It was actually
pretty good because with such a limited installed base there was a lot
less advertising on FM.

HD is the only digital radio system approved by the FCC. We'd be better
off with DAB which has no licensing fees, but HD was approved by the FCC
in 2002, during the dark years of GWB when the FCC was run as a business
designed to reward corporate broadcasters, wireless carriers, and
companies like iBiquity. The decision is unlikely to be reversed. Get
used to it.

It's as easy to hate iBiquity as it is to hate Qualcomm, but that won't
change things. You need to advise your customers to bring up HD as
quickly as possible so they're ready for revenue service when the
installed base reaches critical mass.

Old October 16th 09, 09:51 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 15, 8:29*am, Dave Barnett
wrote:
RHF wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- - HD-2 FM Radio Channels and a 2nd Income
- - Stream for FM Radio Stations.

- Name a station making a dime off the HD-2 channel.
- Just name one.

John said "making a dime" - that means, revenue from the HD-2/3 channels
is 10 cents greater than the additional power bill, amortized costs of
upgrade, Ibiquity royalties, etc. *Are you sure?

Oh - and...

- - SF-Bay Area {San Jose} - KEZR FM via HD-2

- I don't know where that data came from,
- but 106.5 (KEZR) isn't transmitting HD.
-
- Dave B.

Care to dispute any of the 'others' too . . .
Old October 16th 09, 01:11 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

Default Local Radio (Was: Team-branded HD2s !!)

RHF wrote:

.

- You're about to get a wakeup call.

Obama-Media-Circles© will be telling us
what can be broadcast and
what we can listen-to ~ RHF
.

Broadcasters should serve their local communities. This is the way it
used to be when radio didn't suck.
Old October 16th 09, 01:12 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

RHF wrote:

looking forward to 2015 and fm hd-radio's future ~ RHF
.

It doesn't work in the mountains.
Old October 16th 09, 05:12 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

"RHF" wrote in message
On Oct 16, 12:54 am, HD Radio Farce wrote:
On Oct 9, 4:28 pm, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:

"~ RHF" wrote in message

On Oct 7, 9:59 pm, "~ RHF" wrote:

On Oct 7, 9:45 pm, John Higdon wrote: In article
,
"~ RHF" wrote:

As i have said before FM HD-2 Radio Broadcasts
are the only clear business reason for HD Radio
because it takes the same local FM Radio
'Franchise' {Radio License} and creates a
Second Income Stream from it at a low cost
multiple. $ $ $ ~ RHF
.

- Where is the "income" if there are no spots? What advertiser would
waste
- a dime on the pathetically low penetration of all HD-2 combined?
-
- --
- John Higdon
- +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
- AT&T-Free At Last

- NFL Team Branded HD-2 is a 24/7 InfoMercial
- for every NFL Team in it's 'Local' Market Media
- Area - b r i l l i a n t ! ~ RHF
- .

Local Advertisers who wish to be 'identified'
with the Team and reach the Team's Fans
will be lining-up to support the Team Channel.
more money + More Money + MORE MONEY !

There are people like Higdon that live in the past and can't see the new
models of making money and reaching the target.

"We Might Want to Keep an Eye on ION"

"If the commission embraces the notion that secondary digital streams
really do constitute separate licenses that can be separately
assigned, one could easily argue that radio stations that have opted
to transmit digital streams (i.e., 'HD Radio') should also be
permitted to sell those streams as separately licensed stations... For
one, the number of radio stations could theoretically double or triple
overnight. This might not have the cataclysmic effect of, say, the
injection of nearly 700 new FM allotments through the notorious Docket
No. 80-90 a quarter century ago, but you never know. At a minimum, if
the law of supply and demand were to hold true, the overnight doubling/
tripling of stations would likely depress each station's value. And
such a rapid increase in the number of stations would logically lead
to a similarly rapid increase in competition for audiences and
revenues. Are we all ready for that?"

http://www.rwonline.com/article.aspx...6922&mnu_id=14

You mean like this? iBiquity's business-model is based on replacing/
destroying community radio stations by replacing their signals with
the HDs/HD3 signals of lthe larger broadcasters who are all iBiquity
investors. I alerted Paragon Media Strategies to this, and they wanted
to know who I was - they are huge iBiquity shills. My blog has alerted
most of the Government agencies, including the DOJ, Congress, the FCC,
US Courts, and many others.

- You have no clue whom you are dealing with, here.

HDRF - i (we) bow before your greatness ~ rhf

lol!

i think we have a clue....HDRF is someone without a job who has time to keep
a blog, web sites, post to usenet newsgroups. (all anonymously?)

disgnosis: hd radio nutcake
Old October 16th 09, 05:14 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 1:35?am, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:
Jo Jo Gunn wrote:

There has been no widespread interference complaints from the
public...and virtually all stations are protected within their
contours.

That doesn't mean there's no interference. ?It's amazing how the
proponents of HD Radio assume that receivers magically quit receiving a
signal once they leave a station's protected contour.

No, the FCC has made a judgement on how far and how long a stations signal
would be protected.

That's the established standard. ?The days of clear-channels being
protected
nationwide are over.

Plus, to the average listener an HD carrier sounds like white noise &
they
think it's weak signal. ?Nobody thinks to complain about interference.
They just move on to something else.

The large broadcast companies do engineering research and audience
research.
There has been no widespread complaints (if any at all), and there is no
indication that people "move onto something else".

I've heard on and on about how great the HD-2 formats are going to be,
but
all I've observed is more lame cookie-cutter radio taking away the
reception that I once enjoyed.

THe formats on HD are quiite similar to what was on FM in the early to mid
60's. ?Music intensive, non-commercial, some simulcasting to improve
coverage, and mostly automated.

The audio quality is nothing to write home about either.

The public has had no complaints about HD audio quality. ?And like the
qualities of MP3's, which is "nothing to write home about" either, it's
"good enough" and the public isn't complaining.

But HD radio has caused us to adapt. ?My wife & I listen to web radio
more
than terrestrial radio now, since there are fewer choices on the dial.

I'd be interested in knowing where you are, and what station(s) you can no
longer listen too due to HD radio.

"Dave Barnett" wrote in message

Jo Jo Gunn wrote:

There has been no widespread interference complaints from the
public...and virtually all stations are protected within their
contours.

That doesn't mean there's no interference. ?It's amazing how the
proponents of HD Radio assume that receivers magically quit receiving a
signal once they leave a station's protected contour. ?Plus, to the
average listener an HD carrier sounds like white noise & they think it's
weak signal. ?Nobody thinks to complain about interference. ?They just
move on to something else.

I've heard on and on about how great the HD-2 formats are going to be,
but
all I've observed is more lame cookie-cutter radio taking away the
reception that I once enjoyed. ?The audio quality is nothing to write
home
about either. ?But HD radio has caused us to adapt. ?My wife & I listen
web radio more than terrestrial radio now, since there are fewer choices
on the dial.

Dave B.- Hide quoted text -

Do you work for iBiquity, the NAB, or the HD Radio Alliance? You sound

just as foolish as Bob "The Scammer Booble" Struble. Struble is
nothing but a glorified con-artist.

hdrf....are you a psch patient? you sound just as foolish as them.

please get professional help...and take your meds.

and please get a life!