Old November 5th 09, 02:13 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave

Default New Contract for America?

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:22:56 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
puked:

"MagneticEnergy" wrote in message
Freeze property tax rates, no raising of tax rates from the original
purchase price of the house or commercial property (until it is
resold).

Big city politicians frequently trample over citizen rights by raising
appraisal values, instead of controlling spending, and frequently
force people into the real estate market or into foreclosure,
especially when citizens can not get pay raises.

Rising property values are pointless when the property is not sold,
and that is a problem of REAL GREED in America? AND you won't get all
these kooky ideas to help millions of Americans that do NOT want to
work based on imaginary money, but real value?

Now there is a proposal I can really get behind. Tax property on what is
actually PAID for it, not what some pencil pusher says it should be worth,
since the property owner isn't getting any more use out of the property than
he did when it was bought, major improvements notwithstanding, of course.

Where in the country are home values higher than they were in, say,
2005? They should be dropping for most people.
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old November 5th 09, 02:34 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
[...]

There are a number of regions in Cook, Lake and DuPage counties,
Illinois, where home values have gone up. My own went down from the
peak in 2007. The YL's place in Buffalo Grove went up.

Interesting to note, however, that both locations are currently
higher than they were in 2005.

There's a lot of generalizing, in all these discussions. The
truth is, that not everyone's property values have dropped. Some are
higher, now, than they were at the previous peak. Few, to be sure.
But it is happening.

The general result is that scheduled tax reassessments have been
delayed in areas where there has been dramatic value loss, but
reassessments have been accelerated in areas where there has been
value increase to cash in on increased revenue stream.

Rule of thumb: the government will never do with less. Whether
you do or not.

Old November 5th 09, 03:24 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:34:12 -0600, "D. Peter Maus"
puked:

wrote in message
[...]

That's interesting, and good for you. In S. Florida, we have it among
the worst in the country. My home is still worth twice what I paid
for it in '99.

There's a lot of generalizing, in all these discussions. The
truth is, that not everyone's property values have dropped. Some are
higher, now, than they were at the previous peak. Few, to be sure.
But it is happening.

The general result is that scheduled tax reassessments have been
delayed in areas where there has been dramatic value loss, but
reassessments have been accelerated in areas where there has been
value increase to cash in on increased revenue stream.

Rule of thumb: the government will never do with less. Whether
you do or not.

Right? After the peak of the housing boom down here, we're wondering
all the money went when taxes were high and why the Town couldn't go
back to the budgets prior to 2005.

There's a lesson to be learned here with all of these expensive
programs this administration is throwing out there. The taxes will go
up and it will be hard to bring them back down.
Old November 5th 09, 05:15 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

*wrote in message
[...]

Business -axiom- Work Expands to Fill the Time.

Government -axiom- Budgets Expand to Exceed the Tax Base ©
-wrt- The Mind-Set of Government Bureaucrats to Always
Spend Their Budgets and Ask for More Next Year.
-wrt2- The Tax Base {People} 'Exists' To Support Government.
-v- Government 'Exists' to Support the People {Tax Base}.
Old November 5th 09, 07:41 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:15:36 -0800 (PST), RHF
puked:

Here is a 'basic' New Contract for America !
# 1 - Federal Help Main Street
-not- Wall Street and the International Bankers

Which is the exact opposite from what has been happening lately. And
by lately, I'm including the past ten months.

Old November 5th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
cf cf is offline

lab~rat :-) wrote:

That's interesting, and good for you. In S. Florida, we have it among
the worst in the country. My home is still worth twice what I paid
for it in '99.

Good for you! Our house is upside down big time! Our friends are/were
in the same boat. BTW, I am in Martin County, and friends are in Palm
Beach and Broward.
Old November 5th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Some of the home values around here have gone up.
I own a half acre of land in Putnam County, Northeast Florida.The value
of my half acre of land in Florida has gone up, considerably up.
cuhulin

Old November 5th 09, 06:26 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.letterman,rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

Rule of thumb: the government will never do with less. Whether you do
or not.

Rule of USA style democracy: You ARE the government.

People who bitch about the government are calling attention to their own
failures.
Old November 5th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
cf cf is offline

D. Peter Maus wrote:

The general result is that scheduled tax reassessments have been
delayed in areas where there has been dramatic value loss, but
reassessments have been accelerated in areas where there has been value
increase to cash in on increased revenue stream.

Rule of thumb: the government will never do with less. Whether you do
or not.

Here in Florida, people are still paying taxes on the "inflated" rates
during the "boom" years. This place is lousy with For Sale signs,
Foreclosure Signs, and overgrown yards where people just walked away.