Old December 31st 09, 09:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WRTH 2010 arrived in South Africa

My 2010 WRTH arrived now courtesy Deutsche Welle for whom I monitor.
Jam packed as usual with the latest broadcast info for SW and for me,
most importantly, the most comprehensive data on MW that exists.

Certainly the "bible" fo the serious DXer.

Interesting reviews of the Icom IC-7600 and IC-7000 as receivers and
also the Eton Satellit 750.

Support this publication and buy your copy now to avoid them folding
like PTWBR.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old December 31st 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

Interesting reviews of the Icom IC-7600 and IC-7000 as receivers and
also the Eton Satellit 750.

Support this publication and buy your copy now to avoid them folding
like PTWBR.

These publications tend to favor advertisers' products when doing
reviews. Are there any full page ICOM ads in the book? Eton by any chance?

Any Flex-Radio? Elecraft? Ten-Tec? Perseus?

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

Old December 31st 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 31, 1:29*pm, dave wrote:
These publications tend to favor advertisers' products when doing
reviews. *Are there any full page ICOM ads in the book? *Eton by any chance?

Any Flex-Radio? *Elecraft? *Ten-Tec? *Perseus?

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

There is a full page ad for the Winradio EXCALIBUR and several ads for
Eton. None for Icom

The review speaks very highly of the Icom IC-7000 as a listeners
radio, but the review of the IC-7600 hardly does justice to this very
fine radio.

Perseus was reviewed last year and I think Flex Radio a year before
that

The Elecraft K3 is said to be very poor for a AM SW/MW listener

JP
Old January 1st 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
K2 K2 is offline

Only the BEST http://www.wrth.com/

http://www.amazon.com/World-Radio-Ha.../dp/0955548128
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/books/3010.html

Old January 1st 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

The review speaks very highly of the Icom IC-7000 as a listeners
radio, but the review of the IC-7600 hardly does justice to this very
fine radio.

Perseus was reviewed last year and I think Flex Radio a year before
that

The Elecraft K3 is said to be very poor for a AM SW/MW listener

JP

A superior DX machine shouldn't need to also be a "program listener"
receiver. You can get beautiful audio from a 7600G.

Here's some helpful tutorialness:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/020910qex036.pdf

Old January 1st 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"K2" wrote in message
. ..

"John Plimmer" ha scritto nel messaggio
My 2010 WRTH arrived now courtesy Deutsche Welle for whom I monitor.
Jam packed as usual with the latest broadcast info for SW and for me,
most importantly, the most comprehensive data on MW that exists.

Only the BEST http://www.wrth.com/

http://www.amazon.com/World-Radio-Ha.../dp/0955548128
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/books/3010.html

I have a copy, my 1st ever copy of WRTH in my hand right now.

I've already put all the web links on Page 670 (some of which fail) into my
browser and intend to do more detailed investigation/viewing in this New
Year.

From what I had read so far this is a great publication and reference
document.

Well done to Nicholas Hardyman and his team.

Nick

Southampton, England

Old January 1st 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Woo-hoo!

I've got the 2010 WRTH in my hands here in Wisconsin. My wife found one and
bought it
from a seller in the UK before Christmas which ended up under the tree.
Usually I can't lay my hands on
one until late January. As always, a beautiful publication although I am
going to miss
Passport to World Band Radio.

SX-25

Passport 2009 finally arrived in South Africa [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 18th 08 02:12 PM
South Africa On Now SW4ever Shortwave 1 November 7th 07 09:20 AM
DXpedition in South Africa John Plimmer Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 12:42 AM
BBC from South Africa tonight. Invader3K Shortwave 1 March 30th 05 04:33 AM
South Africa! Alun L. Palmer Policy 216 March 18th 05 11:19 AM