Old December 31st 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC - Big Ben Full Strike

Looks like 9740 will be the frequency here to hear the full strike of Big Ben
at 0000 marking the beginning of the GMT New Year.

As Iook in my log, which these days I only get out to record the beginning of
the GMT New Year and the full strike of Big Ben, I note that I heard it on
9740 at the beginning of 2009 as well.

Not at great signal out of 9740 via Singapore at 2315 but hopefully it will
suffice. 9740 sked 2300-0200 so one might hear the run up, time pips, and the
full strike.

Good luck,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 1st 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 31, 6:20*pm, dxAce wrote:
Looks like 9740 will be the frequency here to hear the full strike of Big Ben
at 0000 marking the beginning of the GMT New Year.

As Iook in my log, which these days I only get out to record the beginning of
the GMT New Year and the full strike of Big Ben, I note that I heard it on
9740 at the beginning of 2009 as well.

Not at great signal out of 9740 via Singapore at 2315 but hopefully it will
suffice. 9740 sked 2300-0200 so one might hear the run up, time pips, and the
full strike.

Good luck,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace, none of my radios, even the Eton E1, would pick up 9740 tonight,
so I listened to Big Ben strike in the new year on the Internet.
Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do for the DX/SWL hobby.

Sky Captain
Old January 1st 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Real New Year starts right here.I am headin down town to Hal and
Mals Restaurant and Brewery, I won't be doing any drinking though.

http://sweetpotatoqueens.com
cuhulin, the Catfish

Old January 1st 10, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Sky Captain" wrote in message
On Dec 31, 6:20 pm, dxAce wrote:

Ace, none of my radios, even the Eton E1, would pick up 9740 tonight,
so I listened to Big Ben strike in the new year on the Internet.
Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do for the DX/SWL hobby.

Sky Captain

I'm a stone's throw from Singapore, and generally can hear anything coming
from there (or thereabouts) like a local MW station. There was no sign
whatsoever of anything on 9740 here.

Old January 1st 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 31, 6:20 pm, dxAce wrote:

Ace, none of my radios, even the Eton E1, would pick up 9740 tonight,
so I listened to Big Ben strike in the new year on the Internet.
Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do for the DX/SWL hobby.

Sky Captain

I'm a stone's throw from Singapore, and generally can hear anything coming
from there (or thereabouts) like a local MW station. There was no sign
whatsoever of anything on 9740 here.

Nothing here either....oh well - kind of had a feeling I wasn't going
to be able to hear it.
Happy New Year to you Brenda Ann and everyone in RRS.

Old January 1st 10, 09:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Looks like 9740 will be the frequency here to hear the full strike of Big
Ben at 0000 marking the beginning of the GMT New Year.

As Iook in my log, which these days I only get out to record the beginning
of the GMT New Year and the full strike of Big Ben, I note that I heard it
on 9740 at the beginning of 2009 as well.

Not at great signal out of 9740 via Singapore at 2315 but hopefully it
will suffice. 9740 sked 2300-0200 so one might hear the run up, time pips,
and the full strike.

Good luck,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

maybe the common lines from
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/ra.../BBC/index.htm
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/ra.../BBC/index.htm

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk
Old January 1st 10, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
The Real New Year starts right here.I am headin down town to Hal and
Mals Restaurant and Brewery, I won't be doing any drinking though.

http://sweetpotatoqueens.com
cuhulin, the Catfish

Yesterday was New Year's Day, as far as I'm concerned. Everybody's
partied out by the time the West Coast celebrates. The last thing I
want to watch on L. A. TV is New Yawkers freezing their asses off to
watch a big glass ball.
Old January 1st 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dxAce wrote:
so one might hear the run up, time pips, and the
full strike.

Looks like there won't be any leap second added this year,
and none was heard at 16:00 PST this afternoon (00:00 UTC)

Those leap seconds create massive problems for GPS. They really don't
want to do them anymore. Eventually it will be sunny at Midnight.
Old January 1st 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Sky wrote in message
On Dec 31, 6:20 pm, wrote:

Ace, none of my radios, even the Eton E1, would pick up 9740 tonight,
so I listened to Big Ben strike in the new year on the Internet.
Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do for the DX/SWL hobby.

Sky Captain

I'm a stone's throw from Singapore, and generally can hear anything coming
from there (or thereabouts) like a local MW station. There was no sign
whatsoever of anything on 9740 here.

9740 is reliable here local mornings. Not around 0000Z. 34.4, -118.4
Old January 2nd 10, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Convention complex a hit.
http://www.clarionledger.com (Business section)

There is another big new building in Jackson, down town.It's a butt ugly
looking building, completely enclosed in glass and has a wavy looking
roof, or maybe it is the sides of that building that is wavy
looking.Some so-called ''modern architecture'' Sucks!

I need to phone the Oreilly's auto parts store on Ellis Ave.I have
Deeeeeeecided to buy a carburetor kit and rebuild my Carter Thermo Quad
carburetor meself.
cuhulin

Lightning Strike Dr. Artaud Shortwave 22 July 22nd 05 06:11 AM
BBC Strike "Suspended" dxAce Shortwave 0 May 27th 05 03:00 PM
Lightening strike question [email protected] Antenna 4 January 26th 05 04:57 PM
Who has experienced a lightning strike? Sven Scanner 2 November 30th 04 01:09 PM
FS: QST 1936 full year 1937 Full year 1938 (miss Dec) Douglas Snowden Swap 0 May 4th 04 03:02 AM