Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 31st 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC - Big Ben Full Strike

Looks like 9740 will be the frequency here to hear the full strike of Big Ben
at 0000 marking the beginning of the GMT New Year.

As Iook in my log, which these days I only get out to record the beginning of
the GMT New Year and the full strike of Big Ben, I note that I heard it on
9740 at the beginning of 2009 as well.

Not at great signal out of 9740 via Singapore at 2315 but hopefully it will
suffice. 9740 sked 2300-0200 so one might hear the run up, time pips, and the
full strike.

Good luck,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Lightning Strike Dr. Artaud Shortwave 22 July 22nd 05 06:11 AM
BBC Strike "Suspended" dxAce Shortwave 0 May 27th 05 03:00 PM
Lightening strike question [email protected] Antenna 4 January 26th 05 04:57 PM
Who has experienced a lightning strike? Sven Scanner 2 November 30th 04 01:09 PM
FS: QST 1936 full year 1937 Full year 1938 (miss Dec) Douglas Snowden Swap 0 May 4th 04 03:02 AM