Old January 10th 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Antenna Supplies on Line????????

On 1/9/10 17:49 , Gregg wrote:

LOL - indeed Peter I know what you mean, it sounds like the same place
as R&L. I pray they never go out of business because not only do they
carry everything imaginable but EVERY person in that store is so
nice....just seems people at work nowadays just aren't like that.

They'll help you with anything or any question and do it with a smile.
Gotta ask, did you really bring your lunch the second time you went
there? That's hilarious and only would a radio nut do something like
that.

Yes, I did. It was a Chicago style Hot Dog from a small diner in
Palatine. And it was REALLY good.

Old January 10th 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 1/9/10 17:49 , Gregg wrote:

LOL - indeed Peter I know what you mean, it sounds like the same place
as R&L. I pray they never go out of business because not only do they
carry everything imaginable but EVERY person in that store is so
nice....just seems people at work nowadays just aren't like that.

They'll help you with anything or any question and do it with a smile.
Gotta ask, did you really bring your lunch the second time you went
there? That's hilarious and only would a radio nut do something like
that.

Yes, I did. It was a Chicago style Hot Dog from a small diner in
Palatine. And it was REALLY good.

WTF is a "Chicago style" hot dog? Is it made with extra greasy sausage
or what?
Old January 10th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:46:27 -0500, "rdoc" wrote:

Hello,

Where does everyone get their supplies?

I need a cheap but strong magnetic trunk/roof mount mobile base with a 259
on the coax and a 239 SO on the mount. I don't see a lot of them out there
and they seem pricey for what they are. It's been many years since I last
messed around so I likely don't know where to look (and don't want to wait
for a late March hamfest).

It wouldn't matter on one item, but I am going to be doing a number of
things in the future so this would be a good time to take a site out for a
test drive, so to speak. Better to try someone out for price vs. quality vs.
service/dependability now than on the bigger-bucks items.

Thanks for any suggestions

I have a couple of old CB antennas with the SO239 connectors if you
want them you can have them for shipping costs, but they are not
magnetic , they clip in the rain gutters.
Old January 11th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

aezael wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks... the mag mount is perfect for my needs, though.

Old January 11th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"rdoc" wrote in message
Hello,

Where does everyone get their supplies?

I need a cheap but strong magnetic trunk/roof mount mobile base with a 259
on the coax and a 239 SO on the mount. I don't see a lot of them out there
and they seem pricey for what they are. It's been many years since I last
messed around so I likely don't know where to look (and don't want to wait
for a late March hamfest).

It wouldn't matter on one item, but I am going to be doing a number of
things in the future so this would be a good time to take a site out for a
test drive, so to speak. Better to try someone out for price vs. quality
vs. service/dependability now than on the bigger-bucks items.

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks to all for the input. I generally feel that eBay is no longer the
less expensive way to go, as a rule. It does appear, however, that this time
is the exception. I'll look again in a day or three and see if I missed
anything but it appears that the best deal is a Buy-It-Now.

Thanks again!

Old January 11th 10, 07:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 10, 5:13*am, dave wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 1/9/10 17:49 , Gregg wrote:

LOL - indeed Peter I know what you mean, it sounds like the same place
as R&L. I pray they never go out of business because not only do they
carry everything imaginable but EVERY person in that store is so
nice....just seems people at work nowadays just aren't like that.

They'll help you with anything or any question and do it with a smile.
Gotta ask, did you really bring your lunch the second time you went
there? That's hilarious and only would a radio nut do something like
that.

Yes, I did. It was a Chicago style Hot Dog from a small diner in
Palatine. And it was REALLY good.

WTF is a "Chicago style" hot dog? *Is it made with extra greasy sausage
or what?- Hide quoted text -

I see Peter hasn't responded yet but you can google that term. I
forget off hand but I remember seeing the difference on Diners-Drive
Inns- and Dives (one of my favorite shows.) I know this much, without
ever having the treat of eating one -- that they are killer - there's
no way that they can be bad IMO.

There are some great food vendors in the Downtown area of Cincinnati
that sell nothing but dogs, one of them had a sign that had "Chicago
Dogs" - and hotdogs from other areas.
Old January 11th 10, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:
On Jan 10, 5:13 am, wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 1/9/10 17:49 , Gregg wrote:

[...]

It's an amalgamation of pork lips and spices. Oh goody.