Old January 11th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default FA: Near MINT JRC NRD-535D HF Shortwave Receiver Radio

On Jan 9, 5:10*pm, Bill wrote:
My apologies to the group if you are offended by reading auction
offers from eBay, but I thought that the following item would be of
interest to members of this group.

I have the following item presently listed on eBay (Near MINT JRC
NRD-535D HF Shortwave Receiver Radio). It is in first class shape. I
apologize about sending this to the group if this is not allowed, but
I thought that the readers here might be interested.

*For those who are interested*: *http://tinyurl.com/yl8c7lx

I am not disappointed, nor do I consider this spam. Thanks, Bill.

Bruce Jensen
Old January 11th 10, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, wrote:
My apologies to the group if you are offended by reading auction
offers from eBay, but I thought that the following item would be of
interest to members of this group.

I have the following item presently listed on eBay (Near MINT JRC
NRD-535D HF Shortwave Receiver Radio). It is in first class shape. I
apologize about sending this to the group if this is not allowed, but
I thought that the readers here might be interested.

*For those who are interested*: http://tinyurl.com/yl8c7lx

I am not disappointed, nor do I consider this spam. Thanks, Bill.

Bruce Jensen

I mean the radio is a dog. Maybe that's what the "D" stands for.
Old January 11th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...
bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, wrote:
My apologies to the group if you are offended by reading auction
offers from eBay, but I thought that the following item would be of
interest to members of this group.

I have the following item presently listed on eBay (Near MINT JRC
NRD-535D HF Shortwave Receiver Radio). It is in first class shape. I
apologize about sending this to the group if this is not allowed, but
I thought that the readers here might be interested.

*For those who are interested*:
http://tinyurl.com/yl8c7lx

I am not disappointed, nor do I consider this spam. Thanks, Bill.

Bruce Jensen

I mean the radio is a dog. Maybe that's what the "D" stands for.

LOL, then it's a dog I would really like to have.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
Old January 11th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
My apologies to the group if you are offended by reading auction
offers from eBay, but I thought that the following item would be of
interest to members of this group.

I have the following item presently listed on eBay (Near MINT JRC
NRD-535D HF Shortwave Receiver Radio). It is in first class shape. I
apologize about sending this to the group if this is not allowed, but
I thought that the readers here might be interested.

*For those who are interested*: *http://tinyurl.com/yl8c7lx

I am not disappointed, nor do I consider this spam. *Thanks, Bill.

Bruce Jensen

I mean the radio is a dog. *Maybe that's what the "D" stands for.

LOL, then it's a dog I would really like to have.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
Non Jew Jew Club founding member.
Former number one Kook Magnet, title passed to Iarnrod.- Hide quoted text -

Me, too - to each his own, I suppose, but I would not turn up my nose
at the 535D.

Bruce
Old January 12th 10, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article dba5d973-af57-44ce-9b4d-f4062b09ab17@
22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com, says...
On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
[...]

I already have a 515 and 525, so obviously I like JRC stuff. I've had a
lot of other receivers and the JRC's are keepers.

Old January 14th 10, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 11, 11:28*pm, BDK wrote:
In article dba5d973-af57-44ce-9b4d-f4062b09ab17@
22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
[...]

JRC are true radios. But, they no longer glow in the
dark. NRD-5XX line was never designed to be a high end audio piece
of equipment, it was just a cheaper version for the of their main
products for the less mortal ... Like SW listeners and hams. Audio
stages were deliberately made to have a fast roll-off above 8 KHz or
so. IF filers are quite good, front end = very good. 545 is probably
one of the prettiest and conveniently laid out rigs that hail from
the Far East. The letter D stands for Dominator ! I respect JRC for
what they are- no gimmicks.
Old January 15th 10, 07:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 14, 12:34*pm, BDK wrote:
In article f4b660a5-43ca-4b08-8e25-
, says...

On Jan 11, 11:28*pm, BDK wrote:
In article dba5d973-af57-44ce-9b4d-f4062b09ab17@
22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
[...]

I'm not a program listener anyway, so as long as the SSB and RTTY modes
are good, I'm all set. Probably the best sounding solid state receiver I
had was the Kenwood R5000 I got from a friend who was getting out of the
hobby and going into RC stuff. It was one of the EEB ones and had some
other mods that some other place did. It sounded great, but I had lots
of other radios and when I needed some cash, it was the one that went.

The best sounding one I have right now is an insanely modded Hammarlund
HQ-100 that I got on Ebay for $58. It's got 2 extra tubes in it, a
product detector and a crystal filter. If it was just a little more
stable, it would be great for digital modes. SSB is tolerable, but it
has to be touched up occasionally.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
Non Jew Jew Club founding member.
Former number one Kook Magnet, title passed to Iarnrod.- Hide quoted text -

Why the HQ-100 is not stable? Couldn't better oscillators be
installed ,if desired so ? After all - it is insanely modified !
Old January 15th 10, 10:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article 17592d88-85d7-4a24-9f6d-579f27c860e9@
21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 11, 11:28*pm, BDK wrote:
In article dba5d973-af57-44ce-9b4d-f4062b09ab17@
22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
[...]

I suppose it could be, but I don't know how to really do it. I can fix
it, and have a couple times, but making changes to it is something I
would need someone else to at least design. I could install anything ok
though. There's no real point in doing it, as I have the 515, 525, a
Kenwood TS-850, an allied SX-190, a totally dead Icom R71A that
hopefully will come to life without too much struggle, and so the
Hammarlund has two real uses, AM BC listening, and as a space heater,
this room is cold this time of year.

Old January 16th 10, 07:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 11, 11:28*pm, BDK wrote:
In article dba5d973-af57-44ce-9b4d-f4062b09ab17@
22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 11, 10:29*am, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:10 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Will need lots of space heaters this year! They are called tube
radios. Since you mentioned the SX-190, does your unit have any extra
crystals for the SW bands coverage? Got two of them over the years and
found the level of construction to be very decent. Not very typical of
early japanese gadjets-many of them weren't built this well... Need
more crystals,though.