Old January 13th 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX report - 0100utc 1/13/10

Leesville, SC using Grundig G6 and 50 foot of random 12 gauge speaker
wire for antenna. English transmissions only

2500 - WWV time signal (fading)
3185 - WWRB (very good) conspiracy theory on America and how God is
going to fix it
3215 - WWRB (excellent) Brother Stair still alive
3240 - WWCR (excellent) another conspiracy theory show about the United
States
3330 - CHU time signal (fair)
5000 - WWV time signal (good)
5070 - WWCR 3 (poor) could only make out it was English
5505 - WEATHER REPORT (poor) - USB, female voice, I think this is from
Europe
5935 - WWCR (poor) Melissa Scott preaching
5960 - VOA (good) in special English at 0130utc giving the news.
Greenville antenna faces 270 degrees during this time and is probably
the strongest VOA signal I ever get
6000 - CUBA (excellent)
6020 - CHINA via Albania (good) talking about the Chinese car industry
6090 - ANGUILLA (excellent) Melissa Scott preaching
6190 - SERBIA (poor) made out the ID then news... on at 130utc
6240 - RUSSIA via Moldova(fair) some culture program,
6604 - WEATHER REPORT (good) in USB
7250 - RUSSIA (good but some fade) same as 6240
7415 - WBCQ (good) Brother Stair once again
7440 - UKRAINE (good) guy in a real deep voice talking about the Euro
7811 - AFRTS (good) in USB and listenable for a change. NPR program
9505 - WYFR (excellent) playing music instead of Harold Camping or Bible
reading
9570 - CHINA via Albania(very good) CRI radio talking about Japanese soccer.
9580 - CHINA via Canada (fair) CRI radio but not the same show as 9580
9800 - ROMANIA (fading but good) teaching a few Romanian words
10051 - WEATHER REPORT (fair) in USB giving weather reports from Canada
Old January 14th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/13/2010 7:35 PM, Hils wrote:

If you can hear that, you may also be able to hear RAF Volmet on 5450
USB, it's usually on the air 24/7.

I'll have to listen, I've never logged that freq for weather. There is
an AFRTS tranmission on 5446 that I can pick up but it's always weak. In
fact, I can get the AFRTS right now as we speak but it's not listenable.

5450 and 5505 are blanks right now. I'll keep trying especially on 5450
for the weather transmission.

Thanks.
Old January 14th 10, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

LOL Hils.

I got 5450 in a female voice giving weather at 0653utc here in South
Carolina after checking several times tonight. It's weak and no way I
would probably have found it randomly searching but she's there.

All those 90 meter American transmitters boom here in South Carolina at
night. It's my own state's Brother Stair now on 3185...