Old January 10th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba

Default Ping rec.radio.shortwave adults .. was .. How many more daysto go till Brian Anasta publicly apologises to Takin Gthe****?

Gregg wrote:

snip troll drivel

What's up Takin.:-) I've been slow in following the saga but I have
read that Brian was issuing a challenge so too speak. Was the
deportation stuff posted and I missed it?

Could the posters in rec.radio.shortwave have a serious word with young
Gregg about his trolling in other newsgroups. We don't like the trolls
any more than you do. I notice Gregg has signed a pact with our trolls
so they don't infest rec.radio.shortwave. Maybe you could give him a
hint about extending the pact to the rest of usenet, for HIS benefit as
well as ours.

I know he's only a young impressionable fellow playing with the radio
his Mommy bought him for Christmas but still, he needs to learn of his
"responsibilities" when playing in an adult area. I suspect that like so
many of today's youth, Gregg is being taught his rights but, sadly, they
are omitting to mention his "OBLIGATIONS"!! How odd that he cannot see
that, whilst exercising his supposed RIGHT, he is infringing upon the
RIGHTS of others with his incessant trolling. It's a two way street! I
trust this "insight" will happen as he matures and graduates to long pants.

Ah, the youth of today!

Boundless enthusiasm but absolutely no brains!

Krypsis
Old January 13th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba

On Jan 10, 5:40*am, Krypsis wrote:
Gregg wrote:

[...]

Krypsis, you are mistaking the internet for something it is not.
There may have been responsibility at one time, but that has
deteriorated to near zero in 2010. The most genteel of subjects now
gets plastered with the verbal detritus of thousands of repressed two-
year-olds who suddenly feel that they've been given a second chance to
act out their infantile fantasies.

Gregg has done virtually nothing that millions of others, all old
enough to know better, have done already. I'd say ignore him if he
bothers you.

Bruce Jensen
Old January 13th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

Krypsis, you are mistaking the internet for something it is not.
There may have been responsibility at one time, but that has
deteriorated to near zero in 2010. The most genteel of subjects now
gets plastered with the verbal detritus of thousands of repressed two-
year-olds who suddenly feel that they've been given a second chance to
act out their infantile fantasies.

It has not been that way since early 1994, when the famous "armenian genocide"
SPAM, followed by the green card SPAM, ruined the internet.

http://www.fact-index.com/s/se/serdar_argic.html

Of course it really started when an Israeli posted his notes from a sealed
room during the first gulf war. (It eventually became a book by that title).
He posted it to what he thought was a usenet group populated by friends,
imagine his shock when it appeared on the front page of the Wall Street
Journal.

Usenet had become front page news.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.
Old January 13th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ping rec.radio.shortwave adults .. was .. How many moreda...

'We are seeing progress'
http://www.clarionledger.com

A couple of days ago, I didn't have any running water for about eleven
hours.My water pressure is still low.
Those over one hundred years old rotten water pipes in the ground all
over town froze up and busted!

Wireless temperture sensor in my flower box on my front porch says the
temperture is 54 degrees F out there right now.
cuhulin