Old January 20th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Habana on 6220 at 0500utc 1/20/10

Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.
Old January 20th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 19, 9:33*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.

RHC and CRI are starting to take over every available frequency, along
with the religious broadcasters. It is starting to get pretty old.
Old January 20th 10, 09:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 20, 12:54*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 19, 9:33*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.

RHC and CRI are starting to take over every available frequency, along
with the religious broadcasters. *It is starting to get pretty old.

Sometimes it seems like a time warp with these
stale and standard broadcasters. RHC =coming to you from the land
that time forgot. CRI is much more modern,to a degree, kind of ...
more contemporary . Once upon a time Radio Peking was actually
jammed by the soviets during the Cultural revolution. Miss the
good old Gene Scott broadcasts . Are his recordings still on the air?
I think they flickered very faintly (due to very poor propagation) on
some out of band frequency lately.
Old January 20th 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Jan 19, 9:33Â*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.

RHC and CRI are starting to take over every available frequency, along
with the religious broadcasters. It is starting to get pretty old.

Over here in Europe, the 49m band gets empty, even in the evening. One can
start to here radios from further way... Russia, Middle East, China, ...

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk
Old January 20th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go!http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SWhttp://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SWhttp://radiolanguages.tk

Here on West Coast North America, Our 49 m band is always chock full!
Of RHC and CRI and domestic religious broadcasters! Yecchh!

Once in awhile we still get lucky and a European (Romania) or an
interesting African outlet will break through - but sheesh - do they
need to monopolize the bands so much?

Even the tropical bands are getting filled up with these guys.

Old January 21st 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/20/2010 12:38 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Once in awhile we still get lucky and a European (Romania) or an
interesting African outlet will break through - but sheesh - do they
need to monopolize the bands so much?

Even the tropical bands are getting filled up with these guys.

Yup, even on the East Coast, the Europeans have totally given up on 49
meters after 10pm local (EST) in English. I wouldn't call RHC or CRI a
monopoly because it isn't like anyone wants to be there anymore on
shortwave.

Radio Romania was booming here at 630utc on 7370khz tonight when I
caught them talking about Romanian tennis players in the Australian open.

Old January 21st 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 19, 9:33*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.

One of the best shows (IMO) on shortwave, just love it.
Old January 21st 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:
On Jan 19, 9:33 pm, SC wrote:
Checked on two shortwaves and confirmed. Never have seen them up there
before. Lots of interference though but I could listen to Dxers
Unlimited.

One of the best shows (IMO) on shortwave, just love it.

Arnie Coro represents something that seems to transcend Castro's politics.
Old January 21st 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 20, 11:12*pm, Shawn Patrick wrote:
On 1/20/2010 12:38 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Once in awhile we still get lucky and a European (Romania) or an
interesting African outlet will break through - but sheesh - do they
need to monopolize the bands so much?

Even the tropical bands are getting filled up with these guys.

Yup, even on the East Coast, the Europeans have totally given up on 49
meters after 10pm local (EST) in English. I wouldn't call RHC or CRI a
monopoly because it isn't like anyone wants to be there anymore on
shortwave.

Radio Romania was booming here at 630utc on 7370khz tonight when I
caught them talking about Romanian tennis players in the Australian open.

Yes, Romania has been doing very well lately on all of their freqs. A
pleasure to listen to!

BJ