Old February 6th 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pirate - 6925

Crocodile Radio, 6925u, heard here at 1240.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/6/2010 7:52 AM, dxAce wrote:
Crocodile Radio, 6925u, heard here at 1240.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks Steve. got them here. good radio day,
we got 22" last night, and it has not stopped yet.
all southwest PA is closed up. so, if it ever
stops, i'll get my tractor moving. have a good one.

Drifter...
Old February 6th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

On 2/6/2010 7:52 AM, dxAce wrote:
Crocodile Radio, 6925u, heard here at 1240.

Thanks Steve. got them here. good radio day,
we got 22" last night, and it has not stopped yet.
all southwest PA is closed up. so, if it ever
stops, i'll get my tractor moving. have a good one.

Good luck in the blizzard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 7th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/6/2010 10:37 AM, dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

On 2/6/2010 7:52 AM, dxAce wrote:
Crocodile Radio, 6925u, heard here at 1240.

Thanks Steve. got them here. good radio day,
we got 22" last night, and it has not stopped yet.
all southwest PA is closed up. so, if it ever
stops, i'll get my tractor moving. have a good one.

Good luck in the blizzard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Morning Steve. I guess we made it OK here. record snow falls.
i know you guys get more where your at, but, people get crazy
around here when it snows. it was too deep and too wet to use
my tractor, so, i had to use to use my back. prob hurt for a
week. have a good one up there.

Drifter...
Old February 7th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

record snow falls. i know you guys get more where your at, but,
people get crazy around here when it snows. it was too deep and too
wet to use my tractor,

Full sized tractor or lawn tractor?
Couldn't you have done it in "layers", just skimming off a little and
making multiple passes?

so, i had to use to use my back. prob hurt for
a week.

Drifter...

As a Vietnam vet, presumably you are, like many of us here, not a spring
chicken g. Not only is the snow bad for your back, it's bad for your
heart -- a double whammy, the weight of the snow PLUS the cold air. Be
careful, take it easy. Hire it done if you can't use the tractor. Even
paying one or two hundred bucks is way cheaper than a visit to the
ER...or funeral home.

Old February 7th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/7/2010 9:39 AM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
Drifter wrote:

record snow falls. i know you guys get more where your at, but,
people get crazy around here when it snows. it was too deep and too
wet to use my tractor,

Full sized tractor or lawn tractor?
Couldn't you have done it in "layers", just skimming off a little and
making multiple passes?

so, i had to use to use my back. prob hurt for
a week.
Drifter...

As a Vietnam vet, presumably you are, like many of us here, not a spring
chicken g. Not only is the snow bad for your back, it's bad for your
heart -- a double whammy, the weight of the snow PLUS the cold air. Be
careful, take it easy. Hire it done if you can't use the tractor. Even
paying one or two hundred bucks is way cheaper than a visit to the
ER...or funeral home.

Yep, Nom vet here. it was what i call heart attack snow. took my time,
took breaks, made it. gotta use your head. sorry some people in the
area didn't. lots of power lines down. i got lucky this time. over the
hill from me, bout 2 miles, they lost 3 transformers. so, guess i
missed the bullet. and, yep, no spring chicken here. on the bad side
of sixty. been trying to retire for the last 2 years. but, i like to
say, doin the best we can. thanks for the concern.

Drifter...
Old February 7th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:
[...]

You know what they say in Phoenix?

"You don't have to shovel the heat."
Old February 7th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

You know what they say in Phoenix?

"You don't have to shovel the heat."

Yeah, you can just keel over from a heat stroke without doing any
shoveling at all. LOL!

Pirate - 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 23rd 06 09:35 PM
Pirate - 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 23rd 06 07:09 PM
Pirate - 6925 dxAce Shortwave 1 October 22nd 06 05:26 PM
Pirate 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 January 15th 05 09:41 PM
Pirate 6925 usb dxAce Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 04:52 PM