Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Recommendations - 12 / 13.8v Power Supply, ~ 5 amp?

Hi, folks - If you please, I am looking for recommendations for a PS
that will provide the usual 12 or 13.8v, about 5 - 7 amps be plenty.
Love to get rid of the myriad 500 ma wall-warts. I'd rather not have
it be too expensive, but it would be nice if it didn't send spikes,
blow up or cause hash or electrical hum. Any thoughts? There is a
plethora of manufacturers and models, reviews are all over the place,
I have no idea which ones are OK. Pyramid makes a 5-amp job that
would be great, if it's any good. I also see Radio Shack PSs at about
twice that current. Would a switching PS be better?

Thanks in advance ~

Bruce Jensen

FA linear power supply with toroid power xformer jeff Equipment 0 March 19th 06 07:07 AM
Wtb: hp-23 power supply John Swap 0 November 20th 05 04:20 AM
WTB: HV POWER SUPPLY AL G. Swap 0 October 5th 04 04:30 AM
Astron RS-20A Power Supply Great Condition - used to power a VHF radio Les Smith Swap 5 October 16th 03 09:47 AM
Need help w/ Power Supply TRAMD300 Swap 0 July 27th 03 06:03 AM