Old February 18th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT. Happiest place in the U.S.A.

Holland, Michigan. was on the ABC world news last night.
never been there, but, can't put my finger on who lives
there. sure it will come to me. maybe i should take a
run thou there and take a few pix of that windmill.
be happy. i would have though it would be someplace
down in ole Miss.).

Drifter...

VIA-Bright-mail.
Old February 18th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 10:09*am, Drifter wrote:
Holland, Michigan. was on the ABC world news last night.
never been there, but, can't put my finger on who lives
there. sure it will come to me. maybe i should take a
run thou there and take a few pix of that windmill.
be happy. i would have though it would be someplace
down in ole Miss.).

Drifter...

* * VIA-Bright-mail.

ABC News may have gotten it wrong. According to the Holland Sentinel
http://www.hollandsentinel.com/opini...-is-right-here
Hoolland, Michigan was only #2 in the Gallup poll. They said that
Boulder, Colorado is #1.
Old February 18th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/18/2010 2:27 PM, wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:09 am, wrote:
Holland, Michigan. was on the ABC world news last night.
never been there, but, can't put my finger on who lives
there. sure it will come to me. maybe i should take a
run thou there and take a few pix of that windmill.
be happy. i would have though it would be someplace
down in ole Miss.).

Drifter...

VIA-Bright-mail.

ABC News may have gotten it wrong. According to the Holland Sentinel
http://www.hollandsentinel.com/opini...-is-right-here
Hoolland, Michigan was only #2 in the Gallup poll. They said that
Boulder, Colorado is #1.

Nice read from what looks to be a good local paper. i didn't check
Boulder, but i'm betting Holland has a better hometown feel to it.
been to Boulder, and IIRC, they had the same troubles my locals
had.

Drifter...
Old February 18th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Holland,Michigan and the Netherlands (there are two Hollands in the
Netherlands, North Holland and also South Holland.Holland is not a
Country like those dizzy dipwits at the Goodwill store think) are nice
during the Tulip Festivals over there.Didn't the Tulip originally come
from Asia?

When you worrre a Tulip, a bright yellowwww Tulip,,,,, and I worrre a
red, red Rose,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old February 19th 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 2:46*pm, dxAce wrote:
By the way, I'm currently reading a book entitled 'Tulipo Mania' and it's not
only about the history of the tulip, but about how folks went crazy over them
in the Netherlands during the 1600's.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Sounds like rather pedestrian reading material. The copious files that
the MIOC http://www.michigan.gov/mioc has compiled about you would be
much more entertaining.

From their website: The Vision of the MIOC is to offer all elements
of our state's criminal justice and public safety systems the highest
standard of synthesized and analyzed intelligence so that:

* Any threats of terrorism will be successfully identified and
addressed; and
* The criminal investigative and prosecutorial efforts of our
criminal justice professionals will be enhanced.

The State of Michigan's Intelligence Operations Center shall collect,
evaluate, collate, and analyze information and intelligence and then,
as appropriate, disseminate this information and intelligence to the
proper public safety agencies so that any threat of terrorism or
criminal activity will be successfully identified and addressed.

They have done an outstanding job - trust me.
Old February 18th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I live about 35 miles from there. It's ok but nothing really oustanding
as far as a quality of life issue. They have a nice beach there on L.
Michigan and a large Industrial Park. But in my opinion there are better
places in Michigan to live than Holland. I'm sure that DX Ace would
agree with me.

Roger

Old February 18th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If Roger stops on by, first, he can disconnect his WebTV box and bring
that and his WebTV keyboard and his WebTV hand held remote and either
hook up his WebTV box to your tv set or take one of his tv sets (if he
has more than one tv set) with him and show you how it works.
cuhulin