Old March 4th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Beloved Interval Signals

A place for Interval sigs you love:

Radio Sofia / Radio Bulgaria - noble, venerable, same one since dirt:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...ria_170507.m3u

Radio Norway - the all-time loveliest, most heart-melting Interval
Signal:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._rvd_c1981.m3u

Radio Australia - The greatest folk song ever written, plus the Merry
King of the Bush:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._melbourne.m3u

Bruce Jensen
Old March 4th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 4, 1:17*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
A place for Interval sigs you love:

Radio Sofia / Radio Bulgaria - noble, venerable, same one since dirt:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...ria_170507.m3u

Radio Norway - the all-time loveliest, most heart-melting Interval
Signal:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._rvd_c1981.m3u

Radio Australia - The greatest folk song ever written, plus the Merry
King of the Bush:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._melbourne.m3u

Bruce Jensen

Oh - and while it's not exactly an interval signal, the *other*
greatest folk song ever written, courtesy of BBC World Service:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...ero_230799.m3u
Old March 4th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
A place for Interval sigs you love:

Radio Sofia / Radio Bulgaria - noble, venerable, same one since dirt:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...ria_170507.m3u

Radio Norway - the all-time loveliest, most heart-melting Interval
Signal:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._rvd_c1981.m3u

Radio Australia - The greatest folk song ever written, plus the Merry
King of the Bush:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._melbourne.m3u

Bruce Jensen

Thanks for those links.

To me, the most magical interval signal of all time was that of
Russia's Radiostantsiya Rodina (which, I believe, means "Radio
Homeland"). The IS spoke to me of infinite longing, of distant seas,
of lost loves contemplated at sunset. It was beautiful, though
probably only a dozen notes or so.

The BBC's European Service IS of a morse code "V" on tympani (which
also sounded like the opening notes of Beethoven's Fifth) was also
haunting. It wasn't too many years ago they were still using it on
3975 kHz.

With every good wish,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old March 4th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 4, 2:45*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/- Hide quoted text -

Kevin, for the BBC, I trust you mean this "V" IS on the timpani...

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._vis_c1940.m3u

This one goes back to WWII, apparently, when England used whatever
means it had to portray a mood of defiance and strength against German
aggression. I have never heard it, even when I was a kid in the
1970's. I have, however, heard this variation:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...nal_170701.m3u

as recently as a few years ago. I don't know if it is still used, but
either of these is haunting and full of historic meaning.

Bruce
Old March 5th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 4, 3:45*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
To me, the most magical interval signal of all time was that of
Russia's Radiostantsiya Rodina (which, I believe, means "Radio
Homeland"). The IS spoke to me of infinite longing, of distant seas,
of lost loves contemplated at sunset. It was beautiful, though
probably only a dozen notes or so.

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Da, comrade. Radiostantsiya Rodina would be Radiostation Homeland or
Radiostation Motherland, depending on how patriotic you're feeling.

Old March 5th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

To me, the most magical interval signal of all time was that of
Russia's Radiostantsiya Rodina (which, I believe, means "Radio
Homeland"). The IS spoke to me of infinite longing, of distant seas,
of lost loves contemplated at sunset. It was beautiful, though
probably only a dozen notes or so.

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Da, comrade. Radiostantsiya Rodina would be Radiostation Homeland or
Radiostation Motherland, depending on how patriotic you're feeling.

I'd love to hear that one, if anyone can point a way to it.

Bruce
Old March 5th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

To me, the most magical interval signal of all time was that of
Russia's Radiostantsiya Rodina (which, I believe, means "Radio
Homeland"). The IS spoke to me of infinite longing, of distant seas,
of lost loves contemplated at sunset. It was beautiful, though
probably only a dozen notes or so.

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Da, comrade. Radiostantsiya Rodina would be Radiostation Homeland or
Radiostation Motherland, depending on how patriotic you're feeling.

I'd love to hear that one, if anyone can point a way to it.

Bruce

www.intervalsignals.net circa 1985 Used to hear it quite often
in those days. Pure brainwashing propaganda. Glad it is gone forever.
Andropov and Chernenko times... Brezhnev was a real liberal if
compared to those two fellows!
Old March 5th 10, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I've always thought the theme music from Zurich Insurance's commercial
"Change Happens" would be the perfect IS. Played by Spacetrain, it is
paradoxically the most calming and uplifting composition I've ever
heard - almost mysteriously so.