Old March 20th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default QSLs - March 2010

ARGENTINA - 7061l KHz - LT1F amateur contest station, 7 MAR 2010 after
0400z. "LT1F - The Private Antenna Field 'Bad Power'" over blue
Argentinian Flag. Station in Rosario, Santa Fe. Via QSL Manager
AC7DX in Oregon in about a week. Thanks to Ron :-)

Bruce Jensen
California, USA
Old March 21st 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 20, 1:13*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
ARGENTINA - 7061l KHz - LT1F amateur contest station, 7 MAR 2010 after
0400z. *"LT1F - The Private Antenna Field 'Bad Power'" over blue
Argentinian Flag. *Station in Rosario, Santa Fe. *Via QSL Manager
AC7DX in Oregon in about a week. *Thanks to Ron :-)

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

You keep posting these Bruce and I may have to kick it back into
gear. ;-) Good job.

Old March 23rd 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SRI LANKA (Hooray!) - 13,780 kHz - Deutsche Welle relay at
Trincomalee, 6 MAR 2010, 1900-1930z. "Walled In! - Germany's Inner
Border" documentary commemorating 20 years of the "Fall of the Wall."
16 days - excellent fast service.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA
Old March 23rd 10, 12:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 22, 8:15*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
SRI LANKA (Hooray!) - 13,780 kHz - Deutsche Welle relay at
Trincomalee, 6 MAR 2010, 1900-1930z. *"Walled In! - Germany's Inner
Border" documentary commemorating 20 years of the "Fall of the Wall."
16 days - excellent fast service.

Bruce - are you getting the majority of your QSL's via email? I only
did it that way twice before.....a couple a pirate broadcasts. Is this
how the majority are doing it now? I always liked to send a hand
written letter to the stations.

Old March 23rd 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 23, 5:31*am, Gregg wrote:
On Mar 22, 8:15*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

SRI LANKA (Hooray!) - 13,780 kHz - Deutsche Welle relay at
Trincomalee, 6 MAR 2010, 1900-1930z. *"Walled In! - Germany's Inner
Border" documentary commemorating 20 years of the "Fall of the Wall."
16 days - excellent fast service.

Bruce - are you getting the majority of your QSL's via email? I only
did it that way twice before.....a couple a pirate broadcasts. Is this
how the majority are doing it now? I always liked to send a hand
written letter to the stations.

If at all possible, I want a real QSL - so...

If I have a snailmail address, to ensure a snailmail reply, I send it
there - UNLESS, like Radio Nederland, VoA, Radio Prague, Radio Romania
International and a few other major broadcasters, they encourage e-
mail reports for hardcopy QSLs. With Deutsche Welle, whose English
website instructions leave just enough uncertainty to make me wonder,
I sent a snailmail. Needless to say, the service was exceedingly fast
for two-way overseas mail. I need to send them a "thank you" for
great service. Radio Prague was like this too - ten days after an e-
mail report, I had a QSL in-hand.

All of my QSLs received to date are snailmail hardcopy, but if
necessary, I would accept an e-mail QSL. I have a slew of them out
right now, sent by either snailmail or e-mail - RNZI, R. Romania I.,
V. Nigeria, Channel Africa, VoA Botswana, RN Madagascar, Vatican, V.
Russia, R. Japan, Twentieth Century Radio, Radio Victoria - we'll see
what comes back.

Bruce

Old March 26th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

VATICAN CITY - 11,740 KHz - Radio Vaticana, 27 February 2010, 0723 -
0745z. For reception report in English, $2 U.S. return postage.
Ancient microphone posed in front of St. Peter's Basilica. Includes
program schedule, postcard of Pope Benedict, station stickers; in 30
days.

Bruce Jensen
(California, USA)
Old March 26th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bruce,

Thanks for the repsonse to my noise problem.
I've got a great picture in my head of the next QSL card from the Vatican.

Old March 27th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 26, 3:47*pm, BobS wrote:
Bruce,

Thanks for the repsonse to my noise problem.

De nada, Senor.

I've got a great picture in my head of the next QSL card from the Vatican..

???? Inquiring minds want to KNOW! :-D