Old March 31st 10, 08:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default KIPM

I'm sure ninety nine percent of you guys/gal know the name.

I wish Alan would come back under the KIPM monicker. I miss the shows
- IMO they were the best put together production of any pirate radio
broadcaster.

He was the only pirate that I made sure that nothing was going to stop
me from being at the controls when KIPM keyed up.

Does or has any other pirate sent out such elaborate and intricate
QSL's like KIPM did? It would take me about a half an hour to just
look at it and really study it, I have eight of them in frames and
they're as fascinating today as they were the day I got them.

I wonder what the real story was/is with that entire show, I've heard
and read the cloak and dagger stories, I just hope one day to hear
them again with a new show.
Old March 31st 10, 08:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Gregg" wrote in message
I'm sure ninety nine percent of you guys/gal know the name.

I wish Alan would come back under the KIPM monicker. I miss the shows
- IMO they were the best put together production of any pirate radio
broadcaster.

He was the only pirate that I made sure that nothing was going to stop
me from being at the controls when KIPM keyed up.

Does or has any other pirate sent out such elaborate and intricate
QSL's like KIPM did? It would take me about a half an hour to just
look at it and really study it, I have eight of them in frames and
they're as fascinating today as they were the day I got them.

I wonder what the real story was/is with that entire show, I've heard
and read the cloak and dagger stories, I just hope one day to hear
them again with a new show.

I miss my old pirate station. 102.7 FM, 10 watts, home made 1/4 wave dipole
antenna at 20' HAAT. I could be heard on a Sony stereo portable (one of the
first stereo boom boxes, no tape) up to 21 miles away. When the FCC came to
the door to shut me down, they didn't take my 3rd Phone license or any of my
equipment or library. Pretty amazing by today's standards. The local head
magazine even wrote an artical about the shutdown. Wish I still had a copy
of it, but that's been nearly 40 years ago... wow.. time's fun when your
having flies..

Old March 31st 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 31, 3:51*am, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:
"Gregg" wrote in message

[...]

having flies..- Hide quoted text -

Ha! I can totally picture you doing that, I remember many of your
pirate stories. I am sure there is a psycological "makeup" of ones who
take into their own hands the right to say what they want ( I think I
can figure it out in legalize ) and take to the airwaves, I think that
is so cool.:-) Gotta be empowering.

One of my fav movies (though it may sound cheesy) is "Pump Up The
Volume" with Christian Slater aka; "Happy Harry Hard-on." Though there
were many faux paus (sp?) from a radio technical point of view, I
thought it really gathered the whole mindset of one that has something
to say and doesn't really know how many may be hearing him/her as the
mike is keyed...lol.

But ole' 'Happy Harry' started with just a handful of school kids
hearing him and of course his message quickly spread throughout his
school and into the entire neighbor, hell - it even got him laid.;-)

Excellent Movie IMO. Hope all is well with you BA.

Old March 31st 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 3/31/2010 3:35 AM, Gregg wrote:
I'm sure ninety nine percent of you guys/gal know the name.

I wish Alan would come back under the KIPM monicker. I miss the shows
- IMO they were the best put together production of any pirate radio
broadcaster.

He was the only pirate that I made sure that nothing was going to stop
me from being at the controls when KIPM keyed up.

Does or has any other pirate sent out such elaborate and intricate
QSL's like KIPM did? It would take me about a half an hour to just
look at it and really study it, I have eight of them in frames and
they're as fascinating today as they were the day I got them.

I wonder what the real story was/is with that entire show, I've heard
and read the cloak and dagger stories, I just hope one day to hear
them again with a new show.

It has been announced that KIPM is working on a new show. This was a few
weeks ago, and there has been no news since.
Old March 31st 10, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 31, 3:51*am, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:
"Gregg" wrote in message

[...]

Hey, one more thing. 102.7FM in my area is the biggest and oldest Rock-
n-Roll/Heavy Metal station in Cincinnati, Ohio. The station is called
WEBN - home of the WEBN Frog and the sponsor of one of the top three
firework shows in the USA, which is done on Labor Day.

Every year the pyrotechnics keeps getting better and better and the
way every explosion is mixed with music is absolutely incredible.
Sooner or later they just won't be able to outdo the previous year,
there has to be a ceilng so too speak.

I can just imagine as a young teen listening to WEBN with the buzz on
and all the sudden - someone pops onto that station- Ha! They would
have had the cops and anyone that could have found the signal out
there, you would have famous in Cincinnati.:-)

Old March 31st 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 31, 8:31*am, Al Fansome wrote:
[...]

weeks ago, and there has been no news since.- Hide quoted text -

Good deal, thanks for the update and please if you hear anything else
- post it here.:-)

KIPM Brian Shortwave 2 December 28th 03 08:04 PM
KIPM Win-Win AC Smith Shortwave 0 August 6th 03 02:26 AM
KIPM 6.925 USB (12:25 AM EST 8/2) Lii3 Shortwave 2 August 3rd 03 06:05 AM
KIPM 6950usb on now! yazoo63 Shortwave 5 August 2nd 03 12:37 PM
KIPM 6.925 USB Lii3 Shortwave 0 August 2nd 03 05:42 AM