Old April 8th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Attn: Bruce 4.0 in Parkfield

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak.../us/index.html
Old April 9th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 6:47*am, dave wrote:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...1379106/us/ind...

Thanks, Dave - let's see, where was I at 3:40 PM - I think I was here
at home in San Lorenzo near Hayward, east bayshore. Did not feel it,
although I see someone in Contra Costa County noticed it. We don't
get much shaking from most quakes - even a 5.0 within 15-20 miles only
gives us a tiny notice. Not sure why - must be the specific
location. People all around us will say, "Feel that???" and we say
"Feel what?"

Parkfield is the place where the USGS has a seismograph network set up
because quakes of a specific size - around MM 6.0 or so IIRC - have
happened there with considerable regularity. However, the last
predicted "clockwork" quake there was supposed to happen several years
ago (it did not yet occur), and nothing bigger than yesterday's 4.0
has been recorded there since (that I know of). So, maybe this one
has the seismologists buzzing...a foreshock of something bigger to
come?

A MM 6 in Parkfield would get folks excited. A MM 7.0 there would
give Gilroy/Hollister/Monterey/San Jose some trouble, and maybe SF
too. And of course, an 8 there would get LOTS of attention.

Bruce
Old April 9th 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://seismo.berkeley.edu/bdsn/station_book/pkd.html

http://www.devilfinder.com
View Parkfield,California Seismic Meter
cuhulin

Old April 9th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 8, 6:47 am, dave wrote:
[...]

I used to live in Prunedale.
Old April 10th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tHat link at rense.com don't woik furr mah Wet (oops, Ahh mean WebTV)
TV,,, sooooo Ahh tiped its ats http://www.devilfinder.com
Huge Asteroid Just Misses Earth

Another one in 2029 May Not.

One time, about two years ahgo, I emailed asked ah guy, What does WetTV
mean?
He telled me abouts it.WetTV.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mississippi Lt.Governor Phil Bryant joins health care Lawsuit.
http://www.clarionledger.com

Yayyyyy,,, Good on Yer, Phil Bryant, Good on Yer!

In other news, Polish President Lech Kaczynski and some other high
ranking Polish Military and civilian people are dead in Airplane
crash.Russian Tupolev Airplane, foggy weather.
How many times have I told people? Don't fly in foggy weather!

Garden Mama's radio talk show is on Super Talk Mississippi right now.
http://www.gardenmama.com
cuhulin

Old April 10th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
http://seismo.berkeley.edu/bdsn/station_book/pkd.html

http://www.devilfinder.com
View Parkfield,California Seismic Meter
cuhulin

Just goes to show you that you can't predict earthquakes. They set up
all this monitoring stuff and the swarm disappears.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/parkfield/index.php

Bruce Williams on BCB ? Gary Shortwave 1 May 11th 05 11:58 AM
Bruce and me [email protected] Shortwave 21 January 24th 05 04:22 PM
Bruce Bradley TK41C Broadcasting 0 June 9th 04 05:46 AM
Will PCTA Censure Bruce? WA8ULX Policy 0 September 13th 03 03:49 PM